Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - as per the subject. Since I've owned this car I get at most after a trip computer reset about 49mpg on a run nursing it and ~40 around town. I know this engine is capable of much higher mpg but I can't figure out whats going on - I might just be being picky but I want the car to run as it should. Always use shell v-power. Changed vacuum lines for silicone on turbos. Changed the inlet hose and double checked the jubilee clips to ensure no leaks. Changed the thermostat. No smoke issues, flew through MOT with smoke levels pretty much undetectable. Performance seems ok. No engine management errors. DPF still in place.

Any ideas what to check next? I was thinking maybe lower intercooler hose to see if thats leaking and causing overfuelling? I have torque pro and and obd reader so i can look at some of the technical details while it's running.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On mine when I’ve calculated the pump to pump consumption it’s 44-45mpg. I read that this “real world” figure is about right and the official figure is a wish. I’d be happy with 49......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2018 9-3 ttid wagon and get between 7 and 9 l/100 km around town driving normally, not nursing it. That is between 31 and 40 mpg imperial. The computer on the car gives a lower mpg compared to actual fuel volume. As far as I know mine has no issues or air leaks. So you're sounds fine to me.
Cheers from Australia...

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have seen 65mpg on a motorway run were there were no hold ups on the whole 110 mile journey.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have seen 65mpg on a motorway run were there were no hold ups on the whole 110 mile journey.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
wow - what year? this is why I was thinking mine was low when I hear people getting this sort of number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts