Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I’m after some much needed advice if possible please. I have blue smoke coming from exhaust after about 20 mins of driving car. If I stop and turn ignition off then start the car again it goes for a short while. Can also smell a burning smell when the smoke starts. Have been told it could be turbo seal, piston rings or a pcv valve. The car has not lost any power whatsoever and still goes like it should. I’m curious as if it was turbo or rings wouldn’t my car lose power and smoke from the first time I started it? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hello guys, I’m after some much needed advice if possible please. I have blue smoke coming from exhaust after about 20 mins of driving car. If I stop and turn ignition off then start the car again it goes for a short while. Can also smell a burning smell when the smoke starts. Have been told it could be turbo seal, piston rings or a pcv valve. The car has not lost any power whatsoever and still goes like it should. I’m curious as if it was turbo or rings wouldn’t my car lose power and smoke from the first time I started it? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have the same model but in New Zealand. When I first bought mine, there was a lot of talk about the "Diesel Particulate Filter" (DPF) but I don't think our models had them. Something to do with the emissions? I understand they do a "purge/burn-off", & there is a sequence to follow to do a "manual" reset.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the same model but in New Zealand. When I first bought mine, there was a lot of talk about the "Diesel Particulate Filter" (DPF) but I don't think our models had them. Something to do with the emissions? I understand they do a "purge/burn-off", & there is a sequence to follow to do a "manual" reset.
Thanks for your reply mate. I have had the dpf done and deleted. Any information on the burn off sequence. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts