Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a separate pump for the rear wash/wipe, if so, where is it sited. ?

Front washers work fine, rear wiper works for continuous and intermittent actions but doesn't function when requesting wash/wipe with steering wheel switch. Could it just be that the steering wheel switch is faulty, not the pump etc.? If just the pump was faulty, then the wiper would at least operate, but no water would come out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Is there a separate pump for the rear wash/wipe, if so, where is it sited. ?

Front washers work fine, rear wiper works for continuous and intermittent actions but doesn't function when requesting wash/wipe with steering wheel switch. Could it just be that the steering wheel switch is faulty, not the pump etc.? If just the pump was faulty, then the wiper would at least operate, but no water would come out.
Don't take it as gospel, but I vaguely remember the rear shares the washer pump motor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think that you are right. I did go as far as getting a Haynes Manual for the 9-3, and only one pump is shown, but I've found in the past with other vehicles that the manuals are pretty general in their description re. the electrics.

I'm inclined to think that the fault lies with the steering wheel switch. If I can get one, I'll check it out.

Thanks for your reply, Tones 9-3.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pump does not function when trying to use the rear wash/wipe, but ok for windscreen washers.

The manual only shows one pump for both screens, and as the rear wiper operates when using intermittent wipe, I'm now pretty sure the fault lies with the rear wiper stalk on the steering wheel. I've ordered a new one, £42 apparently.

Will let you know whether it clears the fault.

·
Registered
2010 Sportwagon Turbo Edition 1.9 TiD
4 Posts
Hi, my 2010 TiD estate has 2 Pumps, also shown in the Haynes With 2 pumps btw.
It’s fuse number 12 (I think) in the engine bay fusebox (see owner manual for fuse disposition).
Mine didn’t work and the 10A fuse was blown, the fuse is only for the rear wash pump
Now fully functioning.
Rectangle Font Art Tints and shades Visual arts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,Ian,

My 2007 93 TiD estate only has one pump for both screens, it appears. In my Haynes (Sept.2003 - Sept.2007 '52-57'), only one is shown. When your rear-wash failed because of the blown fuse, did the wiper still go through the motions of wiping, or did that fail as well? In my case, the wiper stopped as well, which makes my think that the actual steering wheel switch is defective. Should know for certain when the new switch arrives.

Thanks for your interest.,
Ken

·
Registered
2010 Sportwagon Turbo Edition 1.9 TiD
4 Posts
Ken
No the wiper still worked, just the pump that didn't........ Well pump.
I looked in the owners booklet and found it said there was a separate fuse to the main (front) washer.
The fuse was indeed blown on inspection and when replaced it cured the non wash pumping function. 👍

1 - 8 of 8 Posts