Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed an old thread yesterday that i can't seem to find now about rusting on convertibles under the seals on the rear deck\lid that covers where the roof goes when down. Mines an '07' with 17k miles and in very good condition so i thought it would hopefully be too new for rust?! but after checking mine this afternoon i noticed it's showing the same signs of what looks like bubbling\tiny spots under the paint on each of the 6 or so 'dimples' under the seal....:(
For the people aware of this, have you had any luck getting saab to pay for this or any advice on tackling it myself, and are there any other hidden rust traps on this car i need to get to before winter sets in?...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi there I have a 2006 Vert and have had the exact same problem. Saab would not do anything about it as they said as it had not had annual paint inspections by the previous owner that it was down to wear and tear. Load of old rubbish if you ask me. I did argue with the dealer and said granted if it was on a wheel arch or door edge maybe i could understnad but it was bubbling under un broken paint, anyway luckily the dealer i bought the car from only a month earlier agreed to repair the car for me and touch wood has been fine ever since.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts