Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The button to raise the top is not working. The message is "only manual operation possible". There is no sound of motors.

The tonneau cover is locked. I cannot lift the cover. One of the wire catches (metal bar you push forward) has popped out of the plastic guides, and I can't see it from the trunk. I can push the other one forward, but it doesn't help.

There are square plastic spring-loaded parts which slide forward and reveal the hinges for the top, but I can't see any kind of release.

It's about to rain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got a result! I just hope that it lasts. I pulled the large maxi fuse (#5 in the boot), checked it and reseated it in case it had worked loose. Then started the car, revved the engine a bit as I'd read that can help, held the down button on the roof until all the windows retracted and then held the up button and the roof came up 👍👍👍

Now I'm going to check the fluid level on the roof hydraulic pump and rip out all the boot lining to see if I can fix the manual release rods, cos I broke one trying to raise the roof manually at first.:confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those little rods are almost useless. If by some chance they are still lined up perfectly, you can push them once to unlock the tonneau, but that's it. You can't pull them to lock it again. Here's a little video I made on what you really need to do to manually lock or unlock the tonneau. Please pardon the quality: Monday, May 31, 2021 9:12 PM by John Francis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts