Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006, v6, automatic, 9-3 Aero convertible
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day all, I've seen this has been covered before but I'm not all that familiar with Saab electrics so bear with me.
short story, picked up a 2006 9.3 Aero (V6 turbo) automatic, convertible as a non runner (stupid clean ride couldn't help myself).
Previous owner (I surmise) just gave up with the electrical gremlins.
1st: I KNOW (markings on the back of ecu) that a boneyard engine ecu was installed. (married to the car or not? I have no idea)
I also know the ignition switch was changed.
Beyond that I have no idea what else they could've changed by throwing parts at it.
Good battery, all fuses are good.
The problem(s), No crank with key (it will crank by jumping the starter relay), No start, no spark, even when jumping the starter relay.
Ignition keys does turn to start position.
every time the key is turned to "on" the wipers come on even in the down/off position.
lights, radio, dash lights all work,
Convertible top went down/open the other night by itself while I was just sitting in it with the key on, it would not go back up/closed.
I do have a Tech II coming next week. What control units need to be "married" to the car? I have NO idea what else he/she might have changed besides the engine ecu.
Thank you, Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sounds like the ecm is not programmed to car. P-bus between ecm and tcm runs thru, abs/tcs module, can set 1895/1896 codes. bypass by joining bus in and bus out wires together, solves many concerns including possible no-start.

·
Registered
2006, v6, automatic, 9-3 Aero convertible
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the ecm is not programmed to car. P-bus between ecm and tcm runs thru, abs/tcs module, can set 1895/1896 codes. bypass by joining bus in and bus out wires together, solves many concerns including possible no-start.
Thank you!
Now for the stupid question since I'm not all that adept at bus systems. How do i join the bus in and bus out wires together? Where/which ones?
Thank you again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts