Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I think I've posted this before however I'd like to improve my brakes as the car is runing more power than standard (190 BHP) and (295 Torques).

I have replaced all the brake fluid which improved things, however I'd like more stopping power.

Also the rear has eaten a set of pads in just 20 thousand miles ( I changed the disks and pads) so I think it's heavy on the brakes or I am!

What would my options be? I have considered trying 314mm disks but I don't know what parts beyond the calipers I would need.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Only abiut 25% of the braking is from the rear of the car.
You could always get a brake balance check and check the handbrake adjustment.
20K on the rear is actually very good for a 9-3 imho.

What size are your current disks.?...........we have 190BHP on the 3x TIDs in the family all have 302mm vented at the front and there are no issues.
If you change disk sizes you will need to chnage both calipers and carriers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what size the front are, When I changed them 2 years and 20k ago I got bosch ones expecting good peformace however they aren't great and the disks look scuffed and scored.
I do like to put my foot down but it's most noticable slowing fron 70/80mph downhill on aproach to roundabouts or down slip roads at motorway exits. They start to fade and the pedal feels numb.

Maybe I'm expecting too much!

I had a look at a 314mm on a scrap car (someone had already got the drivers side) and the caliper appeared to have the mount built in. At least it looked like it bolted straight onto the drive shaft housing or whatever it's called.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts