Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although i have no problem starting the car with either of my integrated remote keys, neither will unlock or lock remotely. i am having to use the old key in the door function, which while not a problem, is a tad inconvenient. It is not a remote battery problem as both have been replaced, and still no joy. Has anyone come across this problem? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
230 Posts
[HR][/HR]First: When you change the battery you have to push the unlock buttons 4-times for the TWICE to recognize the remote again. Did you do this?

If that does not work then unlock the car, take the key out of ignition, disconnect neg off battery for 15 minutes, then reconnect neg to battery, place key in ignition for about 5 secs to re-sync with car, remove key see if that does that trick..

Repeat for other keys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
[HR][/HR]First: When you change the battery you have to push the unlock buttons 4-times for the TWICE to recognize the remote again. Did you do this?

If that does not work then unlock the car, take the key out of ignition, disconnect neg off battery for 15 minutes, then reconnect neg to battery, place key in ignition for about 5 secs to re-sync with car, remove key see if that does that trick..

Repeat for other keys.
After much frustration over a long period of time the following worked for me: Disconnect the battery and leave for 15 minutes. Reconnect and place the key in the ignition. Wait for, say, a minute then click the OFF button up to ten times - as this is being done, a clicking noise is heard and, after stopping the clicking, remove the key, lock and unlock the doors. It works - bewdy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts