Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The battery needed to be replaced. Ever since the display reads transport fuse removed. The radio, locks, trunk, and key fob don't work. I tried finding answers online. The only thread I saw was to make sure there is no fuse in the transport spot but one in spot 37. That is my situation. I saw another thread saying when the transport fuse is removed you must insert key fob to put car into customer mode. So I took 37 and put it back into the transport spot, put in key fob, then took it out of transport and put it in 37, reinserted key fob hoping to 'trick' it into customer mode. It did not work. Local mechanics have no clue. Called local European mechanics, they won't return my calls. Any other ideas Saab people??

·
Registered
2 Posts
you write you insert keyfob but did you also turn on ignition?

Activating customer mode
Move the transport fuse from TRANSPORT to position 37 and turn the ignition key to the "ON" position. Wait until the text "System check" in the main instrument unit shows "OK" and then turn off the ignition and remove the key. The car is now in customer mode.

Important
If the ignition key is not turned to "Ignition on" then the car will not be set in customer mode because the information indicating that customer mode has been selected is not sent on the I-bus.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you write you insert keyfob but did you also turn on ignition?

Activating customer mode
Move the transport fuse from TRANSPORT to position 37 and turn the ignition key to the "ON" position. Wait until the text "System check" in the main instrument unit shows "OK" and then turn off the ignition and remove the key. The car is now in customer mode.

Important
If the ignition key is not turned to "Ignition on" then the car will not be set in customer mode because the information indicating that customer mode has been selected is not sent on the I-bus.
Yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts