Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
This is my first post, although I have been trying to glean words of wisdom from this site. I have had the Saab for about 6 years and unfortunately it has been unused for most of that time. I took the cover of a few months ago and got a new battery and it started up no problems at all. However, I had issues to fix -broken inside drivers side door handle. So took door of and 3D printed some bits and pieces and plastic welded to nearly get it going. My problems seemed to start about then.
Prior to that Radio worked and Top would work fine(maybe coincidental?) From then on starting became intermittent until now-Cranks but no start. With the key it will usually only give one effort to crank but if key is released from start and you try again then nothing. I have tried by-passing key and direct 12v to Relay. Cranks over easily but no start.
What have I tried:-
My underlying thought is something simple like a blown fuse a short or bad connection somewhere?
  1. tested for a spark and looks like no spark - but no spark on any coil so I didnt think all 4 would go bad together.
  2. tested voltage to coil and got test light to light up.
  3. Didnt test for signal voltage- not totally sure how but need a helper (wife) for that.
  4. When key turned on couldnt hear fuel pump primeing also only dribble of fuel when bleeder is pressed.
Whilst I can see no ignition and no fuel it seems eletrical causing that.
I recently bought a ODB11 scanner Foxtell F1000B. It gives me a P0601 code
it shows P0601 $07E8 Generic
Internal Control Module
Memory Check Sum Error

Am I getting this code because (as I said fuse, short etc and feed is not getting to a Control Module)?

Apart from getting an Auto Electrician in to Diagnose any suggestions? Would be very much appreciated.

Cheers all
Trev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I had some thing outta nowhere leaving grocery store. Wouldn't popstart either, next morning I opened Center dash and the stereo harness had got loose. Plugged it and I fired up. Ignition line goes In and shares stereo for signals. Whoda thought. It was all luck . Right before parking my stereo cut out. Take careLook
This is interesting to me***** I have feeling problem is connected literaly to radio wiring? I have had Radio out once- but Im having problems getting out again will persevere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi there,
This is my first post, although I have been trying to glean words of wisdom from this site. I have had the Saab for about 6 years and unfortunately it has been unused for most of that time. I took the cover of a few months ago and got a new battery and it started up no problems at all. However, I had issues to fix -broken inside drivers side door handle. So took door of and 3D printed some bits and pieces and plastic welded to nearly get it going. My problems seemed to start about then.
Prior to that Radio worked and Top would work fine(maybe coincidental?) From then on starting became intermittent until now-Cranks but no start. With the key it will usually only give one effort to crank but if key is released from start and you try again then nothing. I have tried by-passing key and direct 12v to Relay. Cranks over easily but no start.
What have I tried:-
My underlying thought is something simple like a blown fuse a short or bad connection somewhere?
  1. tested for a spark and looks like no spark - but no spark on any coil so I didnt think all 4 would go bad together.
  2. tested voltage to coil and got test light to light up.
  3. Didnt test for signal voltage- not totally sure how but need a helper (wife) for that.
  4. When key turned on couldnt hear fuel pump primeing also only dribble of fuel when bleeder is pressed.
Whilst I can see no ignition and no fuel it seems eletrical causing that.
I recently bought a ODB11 scanner Foxtell F1000B. It gives me a P0601 code
it shows P0601 $07E8 Generic
Internal Control Module
Memory Check Sum Error

Am I getting this code because (as I said fuse, short etc and feed is not getting to a Control Module)?

Apart from getting an Auto Electrician in to Diagnose any suggestions? Would be very much appreciated.

Cheers all
Trev
SELL IT NOW I had the best auto mechanic that money could buy, He thought the electrical engineers were idiots, I have the answer on how to fix your problem of no response when when you stick key in, All you have to do is call tow truck to bring to your mechanic, When you arrive at mechanic's shop, remove from truck, and stick in key and try to start. WWWAAALLLLLAAAA IT STARTS. I had a 9-7x 4.21 After one year of one thing after another, I bid farewell to that headache. The engineers that designed that Saab are a bunch of idiots, especially the electrical part, I sold it for $7,000. I sold it to ALGO, great company, everyone else offered me around $2,000. I paid $5,000 for it, so i didn't get hurt too bad,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts