Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

So I am new to Saab Scene, and I want to offer something back for all the help some of you guys have offered me so I thought I'd share the up and coming work my car is getting. Over the next 3 weeks. It's quite a list ! Here it is:

- Complete wing mirror sections and 4 x door handles colour coded
- interior trim (door handle cover, electric window switch covers, glove box airbag strip) colour coded
- Complete front end resrpay (bonnet, splitter, 2 x front NS/OS wings)

THE PAINT WORK IS BEING CARRIED OUT BY AN APPROVED COACHWORKS IN ESSEX. NO EXPENSE BEING SPARED WITH THIS !

- 4 x complete Alloy wheel refurbishment (from a bare metal strip) - again being carried out professionally.

- Audio upgrade (I have the 7 speaker system) the following will be upgraded: 2 x front dash (centre speaker will be removed as it offers no 'real' functionality). I will be using JL C2-350x 3.5" speakers. For the doors, I will be using JBL GTO 6508C 6.5" so potent speakers (only the woofer will be used as the doors only receive bass signal). For the rears, I will be using JBL GT7-4 10cm coaxial speakers.

- Sound deadening. I will be using Dynamat to sound deaden the inner door ski , and the exterior door skin. Depending on how I get on (having not dome this before) I may sound deaden the floor under the carpet (I purchased a large amount of sound deadening ready in case I do attempt it)

- Window wiper: I have purchased an upgrade kit for a 2004 93 Aero which consists of the later 2008 Saab 93 'Aero' wiper blades, but also the correct replacement Arms. This will really freshen my current wiper blad assemblies up as they have faded and slightly rusted.

- Interior dash fascia. There is this real thin coat of black rubber on some of the interior trim. It has began to peel mainly on the dash fascia, so i purchased a replacement fascia, which will REALLY make a nice difference. I have today (Monday 5th Jan) handed my car over to a COACHWORKS in Essex for some paint, and I will be getting some selected parts of the tip terroir trim colour coded as that peeling finish I just handle looking at !

- I will be replacing ALL Saab badges in my car including 4 x wheel centre badges, boot and bonnet badge. Possibly even the 'Aero' badge on the boot lid.

- Cigarette lighter replaced with a brand new one

- Replacment window washer cap

- Original Saab interior car Matt set

- Main and dipped beam bulbs replaced with Philips White Vision 4300K bulbs

- Rear number plate LED bulb replacements

- Front and rear new number plates made

- Front wheel bearings replaced with new (NS & OS)

- Front discs and pads (NS & OS)

- Front Anti-roll bar linkage and bushes replaced

ALL THE PARTS USED IN THE ABOVE WORK ARE GENUINE SAAB PARTS WHICH I HAVE PURCHASED OVER A SIGNFICANT AMOUNT OF TIME IN PREPERATION TO PICK UP THE CONDITION OF MY CAR.

I will also be servicing it with the following:

- Full oil change (Mobil 1 new life)
- New oil filter
- new air and pollen filter
- New plugs
- Gearbox oil change.

To finish the vehicle off, it will be fully detailed(both interior and exterior) and finished with a full machine polish and 'hand Glaze' wax protective coat (a high quality wax)

Well...I am very much looking for to starting the work. It will be in the COACHWORKS for a week, I collect if Friday 9th Jan, and the wheels are being collected to be restored Monday 12th Jan ! Whilst it's on stands in my garage, and should I have the time between flying that's week (I'm a pilot) I will hopefully get quite a bit of the work finished up on it !

I will update with pics etc on how I'm getting on :) people's thoughts and advice would be great ! I love my Saab...it has literally just turned over 100k miles, but it is so clean dn reliable ! Everything's nice and tight on it..and in what I beleive to be the best colour (Espresso Black) !

Ok guys I'm off...I'll keep you all updated !

Thanks for readin..and I look forward to people's inputs :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts