Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to swap my steering wheel on my 2004 9-3 out with a steering wheel from a 2006. 2 questions: 1) Will my 2004 airbag fit the 2006 steering wheel? 2) If it doesn't, will the entire 2006 steering wheel and airbag assembly fit swap out easily with my 2004 steering wheel assembly?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
unsure about the airbag, but i assume when you say 2006 you mean the facelift interior version the audio controls / SID controls are different between the two years so this will not work as a direct replacement

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Center console Gear shift
This is the steering wheel I want to upgrade to. I have heard that the airbags are different, but wanted to double check before buying a 2006 airbag. Are you saying that the controls are somehow wired different or won't work with a 2004 radio?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
i am unsure of the connector from the steering wheel whether there is one or two

if there is only the 1 then it will not fit your car as you control the SID from the steering wheel on 2006+ cars

where as you can only control them from the dash on the 2003 - 2006

so you may potentially be loosing all your steering controls by changing the steering wheel, please note left hand controls (old style) track previous / next, new style (SID up / down) they do perform different operations so the connector may be different as the head units were completly revamped at the same time

old style

new style

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.