Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the tyres that came on my Saab (3 x Event WL905 and 1 x Prestivo Sport) are starting to get low on tread depth, I'm looking for some replacements - 225/45 x 17 94W. I would describe my driving style as fairly gentle (it's a 2.2TiD Auto after all!), so not after anything super sticky that wears quickly. Asymetrics are OK, but I do not want directionals, as I like to rotate my tyres.

Looking at a budget of around £300, and surfing the net & forums, I have come up with the following list:-

• Nexen N8000 @ £61
  • Falken Ziex ZE-912 @ £72
  • Neuton NT8000 @ £72
  • Kumho ECSTA KU39 @ £79
Has anyone used any of these tyres, and what do you think of them?
Any other tyres of a similar price I should consider?

Thanks.

· Premium Member
5,152 Posts

· Banned
693 Posts
I have Neuton NT8000s on my '03 9-5 Aero estate. They feel more positive than the Conti SC2s they replaced, they are quieter, and they grip well even in cold and damp conditions. I had to make a VERY sudden lane change on the way back from getting them in January when a dozy git pulled out almost into me on the M25, but there was no noise or drama. I'd fit them again.

BOF (42 years of bodging...)

· Registered
6 Posts
Had a pair of Matador MP46XL fitted on the front of my 06 Aero Estate - so far very impressed, quieter than the Continentals or Bridgestones that I've previously had, perform well enough for me in the wet, so no complaints - I have to get 2 new rear ones this week & I'll definitely go for Matadors again.

· Registered
1,126 Posts
You might want to consider Cooper Tires COOPER ZEON CS6. I have already decided to switch to ZEON CS6 once my Pirelli P7's have expired. I run 235/45/R17 94W and the tread pattern on the Cooper's is similar to the Pirelli but about 50 quid a corner cheaper last time I checked. Cooper Tires are a huge name in North America and they also make them in the UK, I believe in Melksham. http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Cooper/Zeon-CS6.htm

I think you can pick up Cooper's in size 225/45/R17 94W for £78.20 inc VAT but excluding delivery/fitting.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At long last I have now replaced the tyres on my car and ended up buying Barum Bravauris 2's. These had good reviews on the tyrereviews website and performed very well in the 2012 Auto Build, coming in 9th overall. £303 for 4 tyres seemed very good value. The car certainly feels smoother and quieter than before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.