Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver's side Xenon HID headlight will not illuminate. I have switched the whole headlight assembly to the passenger side and it works fine. I measured the harness voltages and they are the same from passenger (working side) to driver (non-working side). I also confirmed that the harness ground (black wire) is tied to chassis ground on both sides.

Stumped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My driver's side Xenon HID headlight will not illuminate. I have switched the whole headlight assembly to the passenger side and it works fine. I measured the harness voltages and they are the same from passenger (working side) to driver (non-working side). I also confirmed that the harness ground (black wire) is tied to chassis ground on both sides.

Stumped.
Anybody have any ideas, would appreciate some help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bump - any help is appreciated.
Bump - any help is appreciated.
I believe the headlights are controlled from module 342. It converts I-bus signals to the control signals to the headlamps.
module 342 is in the box on the right from your battery under the hood. I would check the wiring from 342 to headlight. If wiring is correct - I would replace module 342 from pick-and-pool. See pictures. They are for 2008 9-3, but yours are probably very similar.
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Pattern

I assume you have Day running lights. If not - some of the wires will be missing
White Font Line Rectangle Parallel
Schematic Font Line Rectangle Parallel

:

Here: 663b - ballast, 663a+11a = xenon bulbs with electronic module, (module is on the bulb, they often sold together), 758 - day running light bulb, 665 - electromagmetic latch, it switches between high and low beams by blocking some light.

good luck!
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Pattern
White Font Line Rectangle Parallel
Schematic Font Line Rectangle Parallel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts