Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site but was wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for seats on a 9-5 aero. I purchased these seats for another project and need to wire them to function. I am not as concerned about the heat but I want to avoid the airbag (I have been told not to apply power when testing connections) and I would like to have all of the movements available in these seat to function. I do not have the wiring harness form the car but can build one if I know what the pin outs are for the connections under the seats. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Welcome! :)

You say "seats" in the plural, do you have the memory driver's seat and the non-memory passenger seat? Or two plain electric seats?

There are one or two people who have worked this out and done it. Hopefully they will be along soon.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hi

I've done this swop on both a MY2000 and a MY02 with aero seats.

Are your seats from the same series, either 98-01 or 02 onwards? You will have difficulty fitting the earlier seats to a later model as the later ones have an air bag sensor on the seat runners which if not fitted will throw a warning light.

I fiited my aero seats without a wiring diagram as they were from the same series and all wires colour matched. I found that the airbag, seat belt and heated seat connections were the same, in the same position on the new seat's connector. I just plugged it together.

That then left the electric memory connections (if they're on your seat). I effectively created a new connector to deal with those wires by cutting the seat wires and creating a new connector. The driver's seat needed two power supplies, one for the memory, and a ground. the passenger seat needed a power and ground. There was also a wire that connects between the seats (no idea why) and a wire on the pass seat that would normally connect to the Twice but I simply put to ground and it worked perfectly.

DO NOT switch on the ignition with the airbag connections undone, you will get an airbag warning light. If you don't have any additional features on the new seats you should be able to simply plug it in, it's only if you have any additonal features that you will have some wiring to do.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
If I'm reading the OP's post correctly he isn't looking to install them in a 9-5:

I purchased these seats for another project and need to wire them to function[/b]
Thus the info needed is which pins on the seat connector need volts applied to them in order to make the electric adjustment work.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Ah! Right!.....

If they are memory seats it will be a lot more difficult because the memory module is under the driver's seat and needs signals from the Saab DICE/TWICE computers elsewhere in the car.

I'm not at home at the moment. I can look up the pics this evening.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I agree that in a factory install the seats are connected into the TWICE and DICE, but you don't need to do that, you just need to provide power and grounds and the seats will still work.

i misread the original, i thought they were going into another Saab. You will need a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Here's an overall layout of the wiring diagram..... details will follow as a jigsaw!

[attachment=52:Screen_s...18.29.04.png]

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
[attachment=56:Screen_s...18.37.13.png]
[attachment=57:Screen_s...18.37.39.png]
[attachment=58:Screen_s...18.38.11.png]
[attachment=59:Screen_s...18.38.30.png]

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have a home made (by me) schedule for MY 2000 seats that I drew up when I was fitting memory/heated in my old 9-5.

If some one can tell me how to either..

Stick the pic straight up onto here...I haven't tried for a couple of years, maybe in the passing time it has been made simpler for numpties like me to get pics on here... It is about 1600 x 1000 pixels if that helps.

OR...

Maybe I could print,scan resize and then post ti up here...

Or maybe I will print it off and send you a copy!

Or (more likely) I will have a couple of beers!!

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Si, Click the "More Options" box below the reply box and you can see the Choose file, Upload etc as on other forums.

·
Registered
391 Posts
No "More Options" Will,

I will try to stick it up on Saabphotos. If I can put it there maybe somebody could copy it over to here and UKS. I will then delete the SP one.

I might be gone a while....

·
Registered
391 Posts
It's on there!

Sometimes I amaze myself!

One thing though? How come SP and UKS I can put pics on? SSc...I have never been able to?

I will add, that chart is for RHD cars! The OP is in america isn't he?

It might not be perfect, it did work for me though!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all of the help on this. I have been having computer issues and unable to get back on this site since my original post. Very much appreciate the input. I will print out the diagrams and give it a shot

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm trying to put theses awesome 2002 saab 9-5 aero seats in my ford ranger what needs to be wired for seat movement and memory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts