Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am portuguese and new to this forum. I am interested in buying the model identified in the topic, but due to the closure of Saab in 2011 I have some doubts if it is a good option.
At the time of closing saab secured parts for another ten years. We are almost on the deadline. And then how will it be?
Thanks for your opinions.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Hello and a warm welcome aboard the good ship saabscene chizen
I would not be over worried about parts supply , I for 1 don't have problems, there are many websites catering for saabs in general. And plenty of parts fit from the last generation vauxhall vectra or Opel vectra .
Only worry maybe garages willing to undertake diagnostic repair, but if you can source either opcom or tech 2 then that helps
Also there are forums like this to help you .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the welcome and advice.
I will see the car tomorrow and will be, if I buy it, the first Saab I will have.
I know that perhaps the main problem is, as you say, the lack of workshops with skilled mechanics. I will have to learn to be one of them! :)
Within a 100km radius around the city of Porto, I identified only 3 in activity, former workers of Saab Portugal.
Apart from the usual precautions when buying a used car, would you give any special advice regarding this model?
Thanks again and best regards.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,
I am portuguese and new to this forum. I am interested in buying the model identified in the topic, but due to the closure of Saab in 2011 I have some doubts if it is a good option.
At the time of closing saab secured parts for another ten years. We are almost on the deadline. And then how will it be?
Thanks for your opinions.
Hello, you need to know about that model having issues in the past for misconception of engine concerning the turbo and the oil, you need to check the engine oil intervals in the owner book and see if they have been doing at the right time and the right oil (recommended by all there is 5w30 only synthetic one) intervals wasn't more than 10000 kms.
That important due to oil making mud in the oil pan and causing siezing engine. Apart of that, you need to check the turbo pressure and smoke or not on the tail pipe...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts