Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, Help please? I have a 9-5 2.0t Vector Estate 2001, I love the car and do 400 miles a week commuting as well as it swallowing my gear for my band at weekends easily. However my engine has died (sounds like a bag of spanners being dropped on to a tin roof!). My mechanic is going to do an engine swap for me. What am trying to find out is which engines would be a straight swap as there are a myriad of spares or repairs cars about. I believe (hope am right) that it is a B205 block. Would a 2.0 from an Auto fit straight in and mate with the manual box, same question re a 2.3 or dare I ask it a 1.9 diesel? Have looked all through previous threads to no avail. Pease help me keep this beauty alive. Thanks in advance. Land vehicle Vehicle Car Saab 93 Family car

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
High, unlikely the diesel will be an option unless you have the ecu and a shed load of other bits and pieces.

Engine from an auto or a manual of the same type ie B205 auto or manual will work. if you use a different yype of engine you may encounter iissues with intakes/exhausts, etc.

stick in another engine fo the same type from an auto or manual.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, at least knowing the auto box version block will do the trick doubles my possibles search wise :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts