Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

2000 93 Blow Off Valve Question

11K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  VincentD 
#1 ·
Ok i Have a 2000 93 SE and i was wondering what kind of blow off valve can be put on to this car completly stock?
. Is it safe?
I am VERY new to saabs this is my first one and i want to know were i can buy a BOV that will fit right on my car. thanks!

See less See more
#5 ·
were can i purchase one of these?[/b]
Errr...
I would have thought that there is one recirculating bypass valve installed already, and if it is not faulty, there is no need to buy another. (Unless you want a Forge or similar brand for cosmetic value, of course).

As /john says, you cannot use an atmospheric dump valve on the T7 system. These are the ones that go 'Psshhhh!' at each gearchange. So if it's the sound you're after, I'm sorry to say it can't happen.

Hope that helps clear things up.

#8 ·
Billy,

the T7 engine management ECU is very sensitive, so much so that the amount of metered air released by an atmospheric BOV can affect the mixture and cause rich/ lean running.

If you MUST have that sound, go get a 9-3 up to 1999MY instead, they have the T5 engine management which can handle an atmospheric BOV.

Or...
http://www.takakaira.co.jp/accessories/nig...nightpager.html

Cheers, and go find out how much fun your SAAB can really be!

#9 ·
"As /john says, you cannot use an atmospheric dump valve on the T7 system. These are the ones that go 'Psshhhh!' at each gearchange. So if it's the sound you're after, I'm sorry to say it can't happen"
This isn't strictly 100% true. I've been enquiring with Maptun about going further than Stage 5 with my 9-3 Aero, and if I do go further, they recommend changing to an Atmospheric Dump valve. Obviously the software would be custom programmed to account for this.
So it's not possible with standard T7 software, but it is possible with a whole lot of replacemant hardware and a custom tune! Oh, and a whole lot of money!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.