Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1990, 150k miles, quite a bit of service. Good body work, reasonable interior(leather).
Taking too much room on driveway. Not running (fuel/ignition problem I think) and now missing the odd bit!(canabalised for the C). Its not worth me reparing (even if it costs me only £50 to repair, it needs taxing and MOT. My partner doesnt drive, so wouldnt be used at all. This mileage would only fetch a few hundred if I was lucky. As it is now I would only get a few pence without MOT)
I propose a fellow saabscener, who can collect and has room for car....can have it for pretty much nothing. All I want is to take gearbox out.
It can then be used as a free donor car to ALL saabsceners.....maybe a saabscene auction on popular bits, profits to charity??
For example it has 4 pretty decent alloy wheels.

This may seem pretty strange to pretty much give car away, but I don't have time (due to new baby, new job hunting, moving house, working too hard )
If anyone is interested or has any bright ideas.......
(Of course this offer will be pulled when someone walks upto me in the street and offers me a grand for it. Which they will!!!!!!!!!!!!)

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Hmmm....if it were me I would remove the mirrors/Alloys/Di unit etc etc and advertise the good bits on e-bay.Strip the car down and then get your local breakers yard to remove the shell for free if you have the time to remove the common faulty items on the 9000 you will sell them for more than you could sell a complete car for!
Think about it this way,Alloys have got to be worth £50? Di £30? mirrors £20? each etc etc think about it

·
Registered
413 Posts
Paul,
This is not really the trading part of saabscene but would you tell me if it has air con. I need an aircon part which costs an arm and a leg from Saab and I'd be prepared to pay a finger.
Harvey
p.s. there's no way I could take the whole car

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It doesnt have aircon!Sorry.
And I though about stripping and selling bits - but you have to pay someone to take shell away, as some1 says they dont do it for free anymore. So anygains would be eaten into by this!
The car is blocking the drive-we cant get the pram past it!Which is a nightmare!So it has to go ASAP!!!
It has no tax so I cant leave it on the street....and the boys in blue are very active around here....

·
Registered
127 Posts
Last time I needed to get rid of a body shell I cut it into managable chunks with an angle grinder and too the bits to the tip.

It was great fun but probably cost more in cutting disk than it would have done to get it taken away.

·
Registered
99 Posts
paul,

what alloys does it have on it??? style, diameter and condition...........I have the mutlispoke alloys, they look like a bicycle wheel and are a nightmare to clean.........really would love to change them for the three spoke????

Alun

1 - 8 of 8 Posts