Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the amount of posts regarding tuning my 2.0 lpt!!

A thought:

Would a 2.3 Aero ECU fit into a 2.0 lpt engine without any problems?

My concern is that because the 2.3 ECU is set up obviously for a 2.3 engine, will this completely screw up the fuel/air mixture making run rich etc etc?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I asked the same question and sorry everyone answered no. It wouldn't work I'm sure someone will be along to explain why soon...

cheers

Andy

·
Registered
765 Posts
its a no,no I also asked same question, 1 prob is the ecu stores the security codes for that individual car, so transfering would be a prob.

HTH Haggag01

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if the security codes are individual to that engine, when you order an ECU upgrade do they need your ECU first to program the codes?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already guessed most of that Leon, I just wanted to find out if I was wrong

Thanks for the advice mate, appreciated!

·
Registered
765 Posts
scotty mc, having not ordered an ecu upgrade yet
I do not know, but would assume they would want various identification numbers to confirm, this topic has been discussed before on the saab 9000 forum, do a search.

Haggag01

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Originally posted by Scotty Mc:
[qb]So if the security codes are individual to that engine, when you order an ECU upgrade do they need your ECU first to program the codes? [/qb][/b]
Nope, but they (MapTun & Speedparts) do need all the details from it, there are various lables etc that coupled with your VIN/ chassis numbers ensure the upgrade works specifically for your car from the moment you pop it in

Example Maptun order form here!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts