Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what year the 2.3 engine was available in the Carlsson.

I really want an old shape version salon with full body kit as I think they look amazing but want a 2.3 engine and all I keep coming across is 2.0 versions.

Was there many made ?

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Scaero will know the numbers, but they were available in the old shape (another excuse for a picture of my old 2.3 Carly ) in 1991, I've seen H and J reg 2.3's.

2.3 CS's Carly's were available in J reg - never seen a K reg.

At the moment there are none for sale in the whole of the UK on Autotraders web site. Not even 2.0 Carlsson's.

I've only ever driven on 2.0 Carlsson which had been modded to about 230BHP, but I preferred the power delivery on my standard 220BHP 2.3. The best Saab I have ever owned fun wise.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyday I check autotrader, loot, exchange and mart, findit, and all the saab websites.

I have found 2 so far, but the owners want stupid money for them

Kev MC, your car looks lovely, it has that "something special" look. I really want a salon one though and in black / grey or red.

I suppose I have to keep looking !!!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Originally posted by turkish:
[qb]Everyday I check autotrader, loot, exchange and mart, findit, and all the saab websites.

I have found 2 so far, but the owners want stupid money for them

Kev MC, your car looks lovely, it has that "something special" look. I really want a salon one though and in black / grey or red.

I suppose I have to keep looking !!! [/qb][/b]
My car has sadly gone - though in good hands - Ylee Coyote bought it - not seen any recent pics Ylee (hint, hint )

I've been looking out of interest (not really seriously) for months. Almost bought a CS Carly a few months ago, but think I'd really like the old shape "CC" like you. There was one for sale down in Penzance with a ridiculous 14,000 miles, though he wanted £7k. I asked for pictures, but never received them.

Here's a lovely 2.3 CD:

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
carlsson update....
New mirrors are going on this weekend
17 " wheels are being re-furbed next week
dents and bumper should be done by december
(pics then...)
timing chain and ecu mod planned for january
(as well as the piggy back a/r bar)

the only thing to do is sort out the a/c for the summer..

I will take offers over 5k then !!

only kidding... this ones a keeper

kev..on another subject where was that picture of the carly taken ?

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
The 2 owners after me just did not take care of the old girl Mind you the mirrors didn't exactly have a tasteful paint finish when I had the car. More like Tippex. (No joke either
)

Anyway - pic was taken at the first Tamworth meet. We met at the Tamworth services M42 then moved on to a pub "Bassets Pole" - not sure exactly where, but MikeH or Jason would know.

Here's the thread containing pics from the meet

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Originally posted by Mark in Ireland:
[qb]Hers one....
 http://www.saabcentral.com/classifieds/d...44dc75afde0566a  [/qb][/b]
That was well spotted - not sure which other markets they made the Talladega in. Sure there was what was in effect a Carlsson in Australia too.

That car looks brand new - shame the steering wheel's on the wrong side though! 22.000 Euro's - think I'll suffer the LHD for £16.00 Seriously, what does that work out in STG? If it's £16k then he hasn't got a chance - makes the Penzance one look cheap!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
2.0l 9000 Carlssons were MY 89 and MY 90
2.3l 9000 Carlssons were MY 91 and MY 92
900 Carlssons were all 2.0l
Aero's entered in MY 93

MY 92 were CS, CD and 900
MY 91 were CC, CD and 900
MY 90 were CC, CD and 900
MY 89 were CC

Numbers were:--

900 195
CC 346
CD 122
CS 129

RHD Aero totals were 1160 (all RHD counties)

Andrew.

·
Registered
662 Posts
well this is mine,ive been told its one of only 450 cs carlys made(any facts behind this??).ive never had a favorite out of the "cc,s" or"cs,s" as both are great looking motors.hope youget one,you wont be disapointed!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I like both the CC and CS Carly, though admit to a soft spot for the CC having had one.

The one CS Carlsson I drove didn't feel quite as mental as the CC, but that may have been that individual car. I lie, I drove another one on a test drive, though that had a turbo problem.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by Kev Mc:
[qb]The one CS Carlsson I drove didn't feel quite as mental as the CC, but that may have been that individual car. I lie, I drove another one on a test drive, though that had a turbo problem. [/qb][/b]
That was probably due to the worn suspension bushes on your's Kev, although the one you tried might not have been boosting all that well.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
There are 3 Carlsson's adverstied on Autotrader, one 1991 2.3 Auto in metallic grey, which is as rare as rocking horse manure!!!
Although sadly the Auto's were 200bhp as opposed to 220bhp for the manual.

There's a 2.0 litre going for £300, although for that price it's probably only good as a parts car or one to "run 'til it dies". Still, for that money I'm tempted!

edit: Link would be useful!

http://www.saabtrader.co.uk/carsales.asp?price=12&model=2

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque-Steer):
[qb]There are 3 Carlsson's adverstied on Autotrader, one 1991 2.3 Auto in metallic grey, which is as rare as rocking horse manure!!!    
    Although sadly the Auto's were 200bhp as opposed to 220bhp for the manual.

[/qb][/b]
Have you got the link for the Autotrader ones? The only one I can find on Autotrader is the one above, and that was mis-spelt
The last CS Carly I went to see was advertised as a 2.3 Turbo, though I recognised the alloys

1 - 20 of 31 Posts