Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still on the hunt for a good carlsson,looked at 3 this wk,1 i've been waiting for to come in for a long time, CS in lemans blue,body work wasnt that good,might go back for another look once they have cleaned the car up,just missed a red 9000 which looked a nice one,and looked at a black 9000 needing body work but had the aero trim fitted ??????,the hunt is still on for a carlsson 2.3 hatchback,or it may have to be an aero.

stu

·
Registered
328 Posts
keep on the trail of the Carlsson Stu - I pass by aeros everyday but only once have I seen another carly...

the guy I bought my 89 from took 6 months to find a 2.3. but when he did it was an alan minter and well worth the wait.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Stu

I saw this on the Autotrader web site and thought it maybe of some interest to you.

1991 J SAAB 9000 CARLSSON TURBO 2.3
, JET BLACK, 96000 miles, 5 Door, ABS, Alarm, Central Locking, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Full Service History, Leather, Power Steering, Stereo, Sun Roof.Climate Control/Air Conditioning, Heated Seats, Carlsson Aero 16in Alloys, Much Money Spent, Immaculate Condition, Fully Serviced, 1 Years Parts and Labour warranty, 1 Years MOT.

Cromwell Saab
Tel: 02086989000
Price: £3,995

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks jc have looked at that car,its over priced and by no means immaculate,evan gave them an offer of £3500 which i feel is still to much,only because i have no car at the mo,but thanks again

stu

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
The dealer should have snapped your hand off at £3500!

My 2.3 isn't perfect, though is by no means tatty, and has a Full History and 160,000 miles - I paid £2300 last summer. I thought this too much at the time, but they seem more saleable at the moment.

blackcarlsson's right about the rarity - I have never seen another 9000 Carlsson in white on the road, and have only had 2 confirmed sightings of other 2.3's since I bought the car last August.

The 2.0's are more common - though probably only see about 1 a month.

Take your time Stu, one will come up in time. I'd have thought you could get a minter for £3000.

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Well I have never ever seen a Carly (apart from mine) on the roads around here. I've seen another black '89 in London which was in sadly in quite poor nick.

Ashby Garage had a white H reg 2.3 when I bought mine. Basically I didn't like the white half as much as the black, it had much higher miles (about 150K I think) and was in poor nick. In fact, the first Carly I looked at was a white 1990 CD Carlsson 2.0 in Gloucester. That was good/A1 condition but it was a private sale and I wouldn't have got much for my old 9000S privately

Anyway, how about a Carlsson only meeting at some time in the near future ??

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
avoid the 2.3, go for the 2.0[/b]
Nooooooo, use your heart - not your head! Go for the 2.3. This is the first car I have experienced G force in! You know it makes sense - just don't tell your other half! ;-)

Kevin Mc
1991 9000 Carlsson 2.3T
(Not that I'm biased!)

·
Registered
776 Posts
Shame people feel they need a Carly only meet, very restrictive, and I wonder why anyone would want that, as opposed to all 9000's ?? Is there an Aero/Carly snobbery element on the site that's not been detected before ?? ( I had been looking forward to my first meet with as many 9000 owners as possible, work permitting). The last few posts on this thread have dissapointed me a bit !
Cheers,Andy

Kevin ????

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Realistically, a Carly only meet would probably only see about 2 of us.

You're right Andy - should be all 9000's so we can all sample the delights of each others' cars!

Bound to get a bit biased on a "2.3 Carlsson Hunt" thread!

I was going all Carlylicioustastic for a bit there. Love to compare it against a standard 2.3T and an Aero......

Kevin Mc

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Let them have their Carly meet with their Pims and cucumber sandwiches. Us lot can meet in the pub down the road for pie and chips and laugh at how much they all paid for their 9000s for the sake of a plastic bodykit and some fancy wheels!...Only joking before everyone starts! ;-)

I shall be obtaining the Saab Red DI/APC tuing kit for my 2.0T (as fitted to the 2l Carlsson) soon - can I then join the Carlsson gang? Can I, please? Or have I got to nick Kevin's wheels first ;-)

·
Registered
328 Posts
i think the white and red carlys look better than the black ones. you can see the bodykit better as black blends everything in with the road and the shadow cast by the car.

i've seen a fake carlsson - it was a silver 9000 turbo on an E plate with standard 9k wheels and a massive "Carlsson" sticker down the right side of the bonnet, maybe blown up from an authentic signature.

never seen a fake aero though

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Sorry Julian, as well as the red APC/DI unit and fuel pressure regulator you will need the Carly suspension, exhaust back box, wheels, steering wheel, and of course the oh so subtle body kit.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i've seen a fake carlsson - it was a silver 9000 turbo on an E plate with standard 9k wheels and a massive Carlsson sticker down the right side of the bonnet, maybe blown up from an authentic signature.

Didn't see it in Wombourne, West Mids did you? Saw one matching that description about a fortnight ago - very tasteful ;-)

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
stuartph - there's a "White Carlsson" for sale in the Classifieds. Bit vague though - doesn't say price or engine. Presume is a 2.3 as I have never seen anything other than a black 2.0 Carlsson (did they make it in anything other than black?)

Only 100k miles though - in Surrey.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i just like the look of the carlsson and the speed and need a bigger car and dont want a bmw,my dad had 2.3 carly 7 years ago it was a great car,i saw a white carly outside a tyre place over norwhich way the other week was a H plate,i've seen alot of bad carly's for sale so i cant wait to see a good one or an aero.

stu

1 - 20 of 65 Posts