Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the capital letter used sometimes and lower case is there a difference? I hope this is not a dumb question. But when looking for tunes ive seen the same 9-3s form the same year and one has 2.0T and the other 2.0t...

help? lol

·
Premium Member
3,778 Posts
Stock there are two outputs - 175 & 210BHP, it is mostly the same engine with a different map and depending on the year a smaller turbo. the 210 feels c0ompletely different to drive, much more responsive lot more torque. best check the logbook to confirm which one although once you have driven both it becomes quite apparent.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
its also not just about the engine, the 2.0T is the Aero trim (highest level) the 2.0t will only go up to Vector Sport trim level so there is quite a few different "styling" changes between the 2.0T and 2.0t cars

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
the 1.8i's were only produced on the pre facelift (2003 to 2007)

the 150bhp is badged as a 1.8t
the 175bhp is badged as a 2.0t

but i can see why some people debadge them or decide to swap the badges as technically both the 1.8t and 2.0t are 1998cc's

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
it all depends what you want from a car i suppose

i also assume (rightly or wrongly you aren't from the UK? based on other posts you have made)

by good end of the deal if your interested in power then yes, but you have the bad end of the deal when it comes to Car Tax rules (money we have to pay the government to be able to drive on the public roads) for example the 2.0t costs us in the UK £285 a year where as the 2.0T would cost us £485

·
Premium Member
7,086 Posts
it all depends what you want from a car i suppose

i also assume (rightly or wrongly you aren't from the UK? based on other posts you have made)

by good end of the deal if your interested in power then yes, but you have the bad end of the deal when it comes to Car Tax rules (money we have to pay the government to be able to drive on the public roads) for example the 2.0t costs us in the UK £285 a year where as the 2.0T would cost us £485

according to parkers a 2008 2.0T in the u.k would cost £265 per year in tax...........

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/advice/road-tax-guide/saab/9-3/saloon-2002/37681/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts