Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an 2.0 B204 full-pressure turbo(Italian tax/insurance version) 9000 Aero.

These are quire rare (at least outside Italy) so I have not been able to find any information about is that how much the same car as "real" 2,3t Aero e.g. turbo, clutch, gearbox, springs etc.

Otherwise it's interior and exterior looks exactly as Aero should but since I don't know exactly about engine, It is bit difficult to start looking for chip etc.

Does anybody has some information about this model, that would help a lot. I already tried Italian Saabclub and they told that 2.0l Aero (and also 2.0l Volvo T5R) are more common there than normal versions with bigger engines but I did not get more detailed information.

-TT

·
Registered
623 Posts
I only know that they were quoted for 185 hp, and that a friend of mine has one, but I don't know anything else.
Also CS and CSE were sold with that engine, so it wasn't specific of the Aero version as the 234R was until '98, if this matters.

HTH

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
The 2.0 litre Aero was sold as the Carlsson over here and we got the 204bhp version in 1988-89 with the Mitsubishi turbo (not sure which one) or the T25 equipped MY1990 which had 195bhp or 185bhp with Catalyst.

I know Scaero has a lot of Carly info in his Archives.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm afraid that in this years Carlys just had B202 engines, not B204, because B204 was released in 1994 with the GM900.
Also, his '94 Aero, just like my friend's '95, is Trionic, and for sure the '90 Carly wasn't.
For the turbo, I'm not sure abou this one, but I thought there wasn't differences in turbos between LPT anf FPT in 2.0, just like in 2.3. And TT's engine is "just" a 2.0 FPT.
So I'm afraid that the only similarities between TT's engine and '90 Carly's is the power output

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for the information, for me it is a good news that propably there is "only" T25 as in other B204 engines meaning that I could have e.g. standard 900 turbo (94-98) chip in my 9000 if the trionic version/program is the same.

Target is just to have bit more power&torgue since 185hp with current gearbox ratio is a bit too less, not to take everything out of 10 years old engine...

br, Tommi

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
[qb]Posted by Stefan[/qb]I'm afraid that in this years Carlys just had B202 engines, not B204, because B204 was released in 1994 with the GM900.[/b]
Yeah, I didn't read his post properly and missed the engine designation, my mistake! But, I didn't realise that the Aero was ever sold with a 2.0 as opposed to a 2.3 motor. Was this just in Italy, I know you had a 190bhp 2.0FPT whereas the UK got the 150bhp LPT's only after MY94/95 IIRC.

Thanks for the information, for me it is a good news that propably there is "only" T25 as in other B204 engines meaning that I could have e.g. standard 900 turbo (94-98) chip in my 9000 if the trionic version/program is the same.[/b]
That's right, in the B204 cars the T25 was the only turbo factory fitted. I'm certain of that fact.

·
Registered
623 Posts
But, I didn't realise that the Aero was ever sold with a 2.0 as opposed to a 2.3 motor. Was this just in Italy, I know you had a 190bhp 2.0FPT whereas the UK got the 150bhp LPT's only after MY94/95 IIRC.  [/b]
Yes, we got a B204 FPT which gave 185hp. As far as I can recall, CS and CSE could choose between LPT and FPT, Aeros were offered only with the FPT.

I don't know in wich other countries the B204 FPT was avaiable, I never figured it out.

All of them were B204, it's possible that the 2.3 Aero was offered but for sure I never heard of anyone actually sold here.

Also, until maybe'95, a non turbo version 2.0 was avaiable. With its 130hp it was the slowest 9000 ever, fortunatly almost all the 9000 sold here were manual so at least they weren't so boring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.