Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some qualified input as I have the opertunity to swop my MY 97 2,0 LPT Anv. model( 215.000 KM) for a MY 95 Aeor (275.000 KM).

I am very happy with my present car as its mint condition and completly bulletproof! I miss a bit of performace but as I am planning a Maptun upgrade during spring that should do!

But of cause its very tempting to get a "real" Aero in the drivevay!

So is it worth it in tems of realibity etc., as I dont whant to increase by car budget right now?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Just add a Stage 1 to your Anniversary and you should have the same if not better performance... so I have been told? Prepare to be shot down here.

Also it is sometime better the devil you know... as the saying goes ..not to mention the insurance

·
Registered
461 Posts
I love my Aero and haven't regretted buying it for a nanosecond, and it certainly hasn't cost any more to run than the 2.0lpt 9-5 I had before.

But if it's only the performance you want, I'd say stick with what you have and get it 'breathed on' to whatever degree you want/can afford.

If, however, you want the smile I allow myself when I drive, or even walk towards, my Aero, that only exists because it's an Aero, then you are going to have to get one, because nothing else will satisfy that nagging, knawing feeling.

Carl

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thxs for your feedback. Based on this and my gut feeling I will upgarde my LPT, keep another year and then look for a mint condition and younger AERO!!!!!!!

It would a shame to sell of a good car just to get a potentially bad one!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Originally posted by Swapped my 9-5 for a 9000 Aero:
[qb]If, however, you want the smile I allow myself when I drive, or even walk towards, my Aero, that only exists because it's an Aero, then you are going to have to get one, because nothing else will satisfy that nagging, knawing feeling.
[/qb][/b]
I know that smile. Saabtastic!
It's the feeling Jeremy Clarkson was trying to figure out when he drove the new 95 HOT Aero

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts