Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, its been a while since iv posted here,hello Saab Peeps, im having abit of a weird problem, my 1999 saab 93se b204r is only misfiring on full boost, its like the car looses power and the fuel just goes into the exhaust system, occasionally it will misfire.

I 1st taught it was a problem with injectors, tried Fuel injector cleaner, Made no difference,
changed the spark plugs, car idled better
then i changed fuel filter, made no difference
finally i changed the DIC,

Car drives perfect, until it goes into full boost, feel it for a second, and then backfires, when i let off the accelerator, it stops. really confused

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check the turbo dump valve vacuum pipe. Its situated at the front of the car near the Turbo. Its common for this pipe to collapse under vacuum due to aging.

·
Super Moderator
2,686 Posts
waseem,

Pretty sure that model has an apc valve though I know more about the 9000 and 9-5. My experience is that these valves ( 3 hoses and an electrical connector ) get gummed up with crud. Take the valve out ( probably on the top of the cobra pipe at the front left side of the engine - looking from the front ). Clean it out with carburettor cleaner ( Yes I know it's an injection motor ) and replace. Usually does the trick.

Paul @ Kippen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts