Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have a 99 9-3 SE. I've determined that there's an issue with the wiring to my 3rd Injector, similar to the issue described here (https://www.saabscene.com/forum/threads/130362-cylinder-injector-3-open-circuit-error).
However, that thread is for a later model, as well as for TiD, which my 9-3 isn't. Does anyone know if the part mentioned there (93189918) is compatible with my car, or have any other suggestions for parts I could get?

Thank you!

(For those curious, I figured out the issue by testing the voltage to ground of each wiring harness. All 4 had the same reading for the hot side, but the 3rd had a way high reading for the ground side, which should've been 0. I also tested the resistance of the plugs, which were all the same, and listened to the injectors firing, which all sounded good)

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Have you probed the wiring back from the connector to establish a break or corrosion (high resistance) problem.
I usually do this type of thing sticking a tiny pin in the wire at various points back through the crimps etc
Best bet is probably a breaker........if its definately the wiring.
Any Tech2 codes to work with?
Use the troubelcodes to troubleshoot using the WIS (Tech2 section on Saabcentral)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts