Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've just brought myself a 1994 9000 CS Turbo and I was wondering what modifications you guys would recommend to give it a bit more go.

Being in Australia, we don't get the greatest of performance coverage down here for SAAB'S.

I've already pumped the boost up to .5bar. I'm thinking the usual Air filter, N/A fuel pressure regulator, Aero Injectors and Exhaust upgrades but from there on I am lost. Can anyone help me out?

Cheers
Dr Boost

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Bumped it up to .5 bar? You mean bumped it up .5 bar from what it was before? I think the CS runs something like .8 or 1.0 bar stock. As for performance mods, a number of places make great upgrade kits. Typically the first thing to do to a turbo Saab is either put a new exhaust on or buy a chip from a company like MapTun, SpeedParts, or Abbott Racing. I don't know who does Saab upgrades in Australia though. Shouldn't be too hard to get some power outta the Saab though.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome to Saabscene DrBoost.

You need to give the chaps some more details of your car to get more specific answers. Is it a 2 or 2.3. - full pressure or low pressure turbo.

There are plenty of people who can help but ,being the weekend ,it may take a while to get replies.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Originally posted by Adrian W:
[qb]Bumped it up to .5 bar?  You mean bumped it up .5 bar from what it was before?  I think the CS runs something like .8 or 1.0 bar stock.  As for performance mods, a number of places make great upgrade kits.  Typically the first thing to do to a turbo Saab is either put a new exhaust on or buy a chip from a company like MapTun, SpeedParts, or Abbott Racing.  I don't know who does Saab upgrades in Australia though.  Shouldn't be too hard to get some power outta the Saab though.    
 [/qb][/b]
I would have thought we're talking base boost here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry bout that. It's the 2.3 low pressure turbo. I took it for a run and it was making around .4 bar so I cranked it up a tad.

Thanks,
DrBoost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts