Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Well that would cause a leak. I guess there was an internal crack and reinstallation finished it off. I suspect this was an R134a conversion based on the hose routing and the exp valve plate got damaged then causing a slow leak. New one in the works. 3D PLA proto model being finalized. I may make repair kits for sale. These will be billet 6061 aluminum with threaded studs for the hose manifold.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Replacement parts are on order and should arrive in a few weeks. These will be cut out of 6061 billet so no more cracking issues. I will tap the expansion valve screw holes and press in M6x1.0 stainless steel studs after arrival. If fitment works and I have no issues with install I will be making a few repair kits available for those with this OE R-134a system from SAAB.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Been in the 90s and extremely humid, not much work being done right now. The MrCool mini-split is supposed to be available to ship out by mid-July. Figures. At least I'll have it for August and September.I probably won't video the install.

I just got an Aero turbo cluster in and swapped the EDU in. It looks great but I'm not able to connect to it or the replacement ACC with the Tech II. Both show connectivity hints but it won't pull codes or anything. The ACC will actually reset once it's done trying to connect and I turn the key off/on. The EDU lights brighten and the ABS light turns on and off. I do have some things disconnected in the dash but the only thing that could possibly affect ODBI that's not connected is the factory stereo and the anti-theft box. What am I missing?

101 - 110 of 110 Posts