Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Video on jack point repairs coming soon. Almost done with the driver side repairs. Have to make a patch for the big hole there. Weld grinding and seam sealing this weekend in preparation for rear suspension re-installation. Still waiting for rear rotors and brake pads to come in but I can get the main suspension and hubs back together.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #82

Seam sealer going on and suspension re-install has begun. Still waiting for rear brake parts.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
I've definitely gotten better with the gas mig based on the welds on the panels in the bottom pic. It almost makes me want to grind it all back down and re-weld it. ALMOST.. Not happening though. LOL

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
If I only had that EBC brake kit. Dealer is still waiting for it from UK. Always someone holding up progress.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
LH side jack point and floor repaired. The patch I made ended up being too short as the MIG obliterated floor metal that looked ok. I had to patch that hole on the end after I found decent metal. Just have to treat and coat the underside now.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Giving the evap box some love. Fiberglass and plastic are not good buddies. Permanent fix done. The recirc door frame is busted too. Still pondering a fix.

I doubt the factory put dents in the tubes like that. I sure hope it does not leak!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
80psi held for 15 minutes. Cleaned, combed and reassembled. Gave the box a coat of 3M undercoating to help resist engine heat and dampen sound.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
The heater core was leaking based on the copper crusting. Someone cut off the ACC quick connects and plumbed in a non-ACC heater core with barb stubs. Anyone need an alum ACC heater core? The mixing door foam was shot. Not doing much insulating. Replaced with new open cell foam. Video on all of the HVAC stuff soon. All of the controls work but I need a new blower. This one is unbalanced and the motor overheated due to cage rubbing.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
New badges installed. Have a little more paint buffing to do on the trunk rear and fiddling to get the spacing right. Rear rotors and pads will be here on Friday. EBC had to cast and cut them from what I was told. Got the front ones a couple weeks ago. Go figure.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Rear rotors and pads are being delivered today. :p Now, I just need the axle nuts I've had to buy twice. Thesaabsite sent me CV axle nuts for the rear axle nut part#. No bearing flange on it. :mad: They'll get used somewhere. Hopefully I'll have a rear spindle/hub/break reassembly video ready this weekend. It will include hub bearing inspection and repacking.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
AC is reinstalled and plumbed back up. Boy is that thing a huge pain to work with. I managed to work it in/out with the intake manifold still on. I don't want to open that can-of-worms until later. I just know those boots are going to be hard and may need replacing. Vacuum test tonight and see if the AC system leaks. If it does, I'll have to pick up a nitrogen tank for bubble tests. Been wanting to get one.

Easy test for the evap coil ice switch on the top of the case. Pull the lead out of the coil and stick it in a cup of ice water. If it doesn't pop down within a few seconds it's bad. Give it 10-15 seconds to warm up and it should pop back. A continuity tester should show a short across the terminals for just above freezing (3C/35F+) and an open circuit below that. Be careful with bending the capillary tube. If it cracks it's toast.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Holding vacuum. Just waiting on a few engine parts to get it all buttoned back up. Blower and heater box going back on this weekend I hope.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Booooo, there is a slow leak somewhere. Will have to charge it up later and use a sniffer to find it. Probably the condensor coil or exp valve. At least it is not the.evap coil!

81 - 100 of 142 Posts