Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Dash trim is done. A few cracks repaired, level and recoat in poly. Video of the final sanding and polish soon.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Almost down to the pans. Carpet may be saved.

Looks like I may have broken the passenger seat last summer crawling around and over stuff.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
This weekend's project. RH shock tower repair. Shock mount cracked from the tower. 1/8" 4130 plate getting welded to the sides of the tower. I will tack the original plate back to the tower frame and leave it for extra support. Then I get to play with sheet metal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I'm hoping to have enough content of finished or semi-finished segments to put a video together this week. I keep running into part replacement and no funding to move forward. So, there's tidbits of videos on several things that are in progress. I did get video of swapping in a new bushing in the top engine mount while managing to break the only 10mm treated all-thread I have for the bushing kit. Good thing I have a press.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Welding splatter took out the lens on my Sony HDR-CX405. :( Going to miss a bunch of progress on video.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Camera in the works. I'm going to try to catch some content with my phone and/or gopro for the time being. The gopro sucks for audio. New camera will have a lapel mic so hopefully commentary will be easier to hear.

·
Super Moderator
3,017 Posts
This is an amazing thread , your attention and attitude to bringing this Saab 9000 back to former glory is amazing.
I see you are posting a lot of YouTube videos .
That's a great help to anyone.
This whole thread reminds me of a chap we had on here a few years ago where he rebuilt a 9-5 wagon .
Same attitude.
Well done and keep it going !

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
This is an amazing thread , your attention and attitude to bringing this Saab 9000 back to former glory is amazing.
I see you are posting a lot of YouTube videos .
That's a great help to anyone.
This whole thread reminds me of a chap we had on here a few years ago where he rebuilt a 9-5 wagon .
Same attitude.
Well done and keep it going !
Thanks! I enjoy stuff like this. I just rebuilt a 1982 Yamaha XJ550 and sold it. I will be getting another XJ but not until the economy recovers here. I have plenty to work on on this 9000 for the next 18-24 months. :LOL: The interior has been fully gutted at this point and I'm in the process of removing the heater box and the AC coil/fresh air box for inspection. The sheer amount of rust that came it during 3 flushes makes me question the heater core health. The AC is out of gas so there's a leak somewhere as well.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts