Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,

Did you order your O-rings from Orio in Sweden? I ordered some in September and they took about 3 weeks to get here in the UK.

Good luck and thanks for all the detailed pictures and videos.

Cheers
Terry

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes I did. eSaabParts.com ships a lot of their stuff from Orio. I just got them in (5 weeks later) and it's the same V-ring part# that I took out. Seems to me it's a tad small for the packing space, but that's the OE part I suppose! I have one spare here in the states if anyone needs one. I'm going to keep the o-ring stack in and see how it does over the course of the project. I'd much prefer that over a hard-to-find v-seal like that. Hopefully I will have the car in my garage soon. A few hours a week, about a 30 minute drive away, is not very conducive to project progression when it's this involved. Plus the dyno shop, airport and busy road there just make it a loud place to work and shoot video. The bike project just got moved out back to the shop and I'm starting on purging the garage next. I do NOT look forward to that. I already have 2 pick-up truck loads of pack-rat stuff to haul away just from the shop floor.

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
The garage is almost done. Wow, there's a floor there. A lot of floor. :eek: And... I'm still sore. 2 or 3 more pickup truck loads to haul away. The bench and excess automotive stuff is being donated to the dyno shop. Had to make room for the press and shop crane against the wall. It just ends up collecting garbage anyway. Been a good one, though. It's worked as an ammo reloading bench, supported a Genesis Coupe transmission R&D teardown, held many 2-cycle and 4-cycle small engines and the XJ550 bike engine rebuild.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Started up again today and moved it under its own power first time in 5 years. New tires but there is a fuel leak at the pump on the nylon joint. Looks like I will be replacing both lines. The metal lines look good under the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The parkerizing tests are going well. I have some corrosion and abrasion tests coming up. I want to know if ester oil will protect better than mineral oil as a post-dip.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
222k miles and it looks quite good. I will probably still check the lobe clearances. The valves most likely need a carbon treatment as well.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Cleaned up and reinstalled the injectors and fuel rail. Valve cover got some attention as well. New fuel filter is in, new nylon and rubber line patch is done behind the tank. Have to pull the tank back up, finish the fuel pump re-plumb and then it should be ready for a start and leak test.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
First water flush of the cooling system. I've done a drain and 2 water flushes before adding Blue Devil flush solution. It's been sitting in the system for a couple days now. Will try to drain it tonight and finish editing the video. The video will also have footage of front crank seal replacement.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
ECU looks new inside, thanks for a full dip in conformal coating when it was produced.

A small leak there on the evap canister. Idles better with that fixed.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts