Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at a 1992 9000, which the owner claims is an AERO auto as per his V5, however, when viewing pictures of the car, it has no colour coded bodykit, 15" wheels and no AERO interior, which says to me its not an AERO

Could it still be an AERO ? if not, why would a V5 say it was

Cheers

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Well I guess you can inform the DVLA that your car is a different colour but they don't exactly come round to check. Likewise, I guess if someone put a few bits and wanted to call it something else, are the DVLA clued up enough to either a) do anything about it or B) care?

Doesn't sound like an Aero to me.

Why not try the VIN decoder at

http://www.saab9000.com/information/vin.php

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
As mark says, Aero's didn't appear in the UK until mid 1993 (may I think).

All UK Aero's are Trionic, where a 1992 car would be Bosch LH with a AMM.

Also, aero's had Mitsu turbo's instrad of Garretts.

The US and other country's had Aero's earlier (and were equivalent to our Carlsson's I think)

Andrew

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
V5's can often be wrong, but it's not easy getting the DVLA to change them ...

Also worth checking the engine number, to see what it is - but, as others have said, it doesn't sound like an Aero

hth

James

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The seller actually says, he stands by what he "claims" the log book reads, what is that its an AERO.

Was going to bid on it, but, decided I dont feel too comfortable with it, even though it seems cheap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.