Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the APC controller on the '88 9000 turbo and what does it look like? This was the last year for the stand alone APC system. I found the solenoid, but need the control unit. I'm stripping parts off of a junkyard saab, so this is just one of the parts that i need.

Justin

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
If it's like the 91/92 2.3 Turbo (which was the last year of the stand-alone APC unit btw) the APC unit is located behind the false bulkhead at the rear of the engine.

If you remove the plastic trim, where the windscreen washers are, you'll find the APC unit (which is the smaller black control box with SAAB written on it, not the bigger control unit with Bosch written on it) on the (in your case) drivers side.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw somewhere that is was on one of the wheel wells, so I was looking in the engine compartment and couldn't find it, that explains why. I started following the shielded cable that hooks into the knock sensor and it went into the pass. compartment, guess it's time to follow it all the way.

Justin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyways found it. I followed the shielded wire for the knock sensor and found the APC box. Wound up being under the drivers seat. Now if i can just find the pressure transducer I'll be in business.

Justin

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by Hoxviii:
[qb]I saw somewhere that is was on one of the wheel wells, so I was looking in the engine compartment and couldn't find it, that explains why.  I started following the shielded cable that hooks into the knock sensor and it went into the pass. compartment, guess it's time to follow it all the way.

Justin [/qb][/b]
That's where it's located on the c900 T16's IIRC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.