Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been having problems with my engine now for a few weeks. The first thing that happened was that the fuel pump died so the car wouldn't start. At that time I didn't know that the pump died so I had a friend over that has a Saab 99 and thought he could help me. But he was as new to the k-jet engine as I was so we accidentally ruined the gasket in the fuel distributor when we pulled it apart thinking it was that was the fuel pump. I then tried repairing the gasket with some gasket silicone but that didn't help and probably just ruined it more. (Yeah sorry, I promise I know much more about the engine now). After that I replaced the fuel distributor and the fuel pump but that's when a new problem started. Now the engine will start but the idle surges and it goes up to about 1500 and then down to where it almost stalls and then it increases up to 1500 again and then it does that until it eventually stalls. Then when I try starting it again the starter just spins. If I wait a few minutes the engine will start again and do the same thing with the idle.

I have looked around the air hoses but haven't found any damaged hoses. I also looked inside the WUR if there were any silicone stuck there but there wasn't any. There is also a squeaking sound coming from the fuel lines from the fuel distributor to the injectors, is that a problem?

Appreciate any help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts