Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just prior to starting motor today I heard a whirring noise coming from the windscreen wiper area which was unusual, I took off the covering panel to this area and found a little pump/motor making the noise, sounded like it was on the way out, I have disconnected it so no more noise, however, I do not know what this thing does.
It is the first thing on the left of car nearest the side (my car is right hand drive-Australia) has two small hoses which loops back into itself and another hoses going what seems to be the heater area.
Would appreciate it if anybody can identify the part for me so that I know if it okay to disconnect.
Thank you
Lee

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Left side - is that looking from the front of the car to the back or from the drivers seat to the front of the car!!
If the former i.e front to back it sounds like the vacuum pump for the cruise control system which should only operate when switched on and the vehicle speed is above 30mph (?) so if this is making a noise when car is idleing you have a strange live feed that should be investigated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply, I guess it would have made it simpler if I had just said drivers side closest to the front fender, you may be right as cruise control does not appear to be operating.
Thanks again.
Lee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts