Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a nice set of 17 x 7.5 rims, but I need to check if anyone is running this size, and what tyres fit OK. From the previous posts I've assumed 225/45, but there has not been much talk of rim width.
To complicate matters I'll have a Bilstein kit on which lowers my '96 CS2.3T by 40mm.
Any help greatly appreciated - the rims have to come from the US - so I can't take them back to the shop easily!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I am running a set of 17" with 215/40/17, and I have the abbott springs with Koni's which are lower about the same as yours I think?

From the looks of it I would have thought 215/45/17 would be fine, although if you go to 225/45 the tyre would be bigger again, from looking about I went for this size because it is very popular, which means there are sometimes tyre deals to be had.
My 215/40 provide loads of grip, I do not think that 225's would be that much better, just more expensive. I got some p-7000's on the backs, and they were best part of a ton each, not cheap compared to the old ballon style 15"s which are still in my garage!!!

Cheers Dulux

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
I have 7.5 " x 17 et 35 ..
not too many of these about

I have 235 x 40 tyres
and there is plenty sidewall for movement
According to the tyre calculator the best size for an Aero is 235x45 to maintain rolling radius
however my speedo is dead on with my gps
both 40 and 45 profiles are relatively common and easy to come by (deals are available ! )

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a 1992 9000T (U.S.). This car was SAAB's hi-perf model at the time as there was no Aero (here). The car came with firmer suspension and sits a bit lower than the more mundane versions. Original equipment wheels are 16 x 6.5, with 205/50-16 P700Zs, which actually were pretty good. After those I tried to put 205/55-16 tires (same overall diam as 225/45-17)on the car, but they rubbed badly (front wheels, only). So, I have stuck with 205/50s. I'd like to put a wider tire on the car but fear a rubbing problem. Anyone else dealt with this and any suggestions? Which 17" wheels are hubcentric? Thank you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.