Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a few topics that cover 16" tyre sizes but they all seem to wander off into comments about particular brands, apart from the fact that,if I'd taken the balanced view to respect everyones opinions on the matter I would have a different tyre on each corner of the car

I would like to know what size tyres everyone is running on 16" rims on a 9000 (cs) & if lowered or standard suspension.

·
Registered
3,618 Posts
Model year 1992 9000 CD (Abbott lowered) - 205/50 zr 16. (Bridgestone S0-3 PP) -- tried 205/55 zr 16 (Dunlop SP9000) and got rubbing issues even on standard ride height.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
I was still running the standard CS 16" size - 205/55/16 - on lowered suspension until recently, when I changed to 17". I never had any problems, except slight scuffing on the wheel-arch liner on full lock. However, it was doing this on standard suspension and didn't get worse when it was lowered. My Aero left the factory with those 16" wheels and that was the recommended tyre size.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Am running standard 205/55/16s on Aero rims, no probs unless on full left lock when there is a slight rubbing.
Was considering going to 215 or 225/50 when these run out. Believe ScAero has these fitted at the moment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts