Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all (esp Mr Torque-steer, JezF et al )

I am planning a trip to Le Mans this year ( tickets go on sale tomorrow); so far i have 5 mates interested, including one that is taking his Ultima ( GTR )

I think that we will plump for Grandstand tickets and pre pay for parking(£25-30 for 2 days) so that we have some flexibility to come and go when we choose- i want to be able to visit the old town etc to "soak up" the atmosphere, see the museums.

Anyone else going? Any advice to best enjoy the weekend? I am not a camper ( prefer a bit of luxury
) so would be doing a Gites/Chambres d'hotes/ B+B. Where did you guys book through before- Page and Moy?

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Yeah, I should be going to Le Mans again this year, although I'm not directly involved with the booking of tickets. The group I'm with will be camped at one of the on-site campsites.

Again, I won't be taking my Saab, I couldn't get enough of my close mates interested in coming so I'll be getting a lift with someone else.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque-Steer):
[qb]Moved this to Events, seemed more appropriate.

SaabSceners going to LeMans 24h 2004

Name/Car
1. TheFox/9-5 Griffin /Ultima GTR
2. Jason/Non-Saab    
5. [/qb][/b]

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Originally posted by TheFox:
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque-Steer):
[qb] Moved this to Events, seemed more appropriate.

Name/Car
2. Jason/Non-Saab      
3. Jez/Elise RS160
5. [/qb][/b]
[/qb][/b][/quote]Camping in Houx Annex with around 100 other Elises. Don't think you'll miss us! Took the Saab last year as backup, but someone is doing all the hardwork instead.

Won't you be a bit lucky to get grandstand tickets?

Are you guys proposing we meet up for a beer - or two?

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Oh, I think it was Page and Moy. They're all thieving gits, I'm afraid, but if you just want a ticket, you can turn up on the day. I know an amazing campsite 16km North of Le Mans if anyone fancies camping without the muck and ponging loos.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by JezF:
[qb]I know an amazing campsite 16km North of Le Mans if anyone fancies camping without the muck and ponging loos. [/qb][/b]
Well, not being the organizer of my trip I'm going to go with the flow. So I end up where I end up, last year we only spent one night at the track, despite having booked for 2 days. The campsite at La Fleche was too cosey to leave in a hurry.

Are you guys proposing we meet up for a beer - or two?[/b]
Meeting up for a beer sounds good, we can exchange mobile numbers nearer the time.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I should be going as usual, don't know where we are camping. Hopefully will have seats in the ACO grandstand again.

Name/Car
2. Jason/Non-Saab        
3. Jez/Elise RS160
4. Guy/9-5
5.[/b]

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have booked my tickets- rang 2 agencies- one was sold out , the other Page and Moy, had "few grandstand tickets but plenty of general access tickets"

So hurry if not booked!!

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Currently my trip is hanging in the balance, the group I was going camping with have not finalised and a lot of them are considering other options. So I might end up going last minute with my other mates who don't want to commit as yet (if there are still entry tickets available).

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to hear that Jason, my car is full else i could offer a lift!

I still havent booked all the necessary accomodation myself, so i must pull my finger out. Looking forward to the trip tho.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts

Name/Car
2. Jason/Non-Saab
3. Jez/Elise RS160
4. Guy/9-5

I'm now a definite, so see you all there!

·
Registered
11,343 Posts

Name/Car
2. Jason/Non-Saab
3. Jez/Elise RS160
4. Guy/9-5
5. /john/9-3 Sport Stage three (possible)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Excellent
might have a chat about the trip the week before at the Surrey meet /john?

Name/Car
2. Jason/Audi A4 Avant
3. Jez/Elise RS160
4. Guy/9-5
5. /john/9-3 Sport Stage three (possible)

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
And as you would expect, accomodation for about a 50 miles radius of Le Mans is full. I have spent 2 days trying to find some accomodation.

Looks like i may be camping after all!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Well it's only a month until the Big Weekend....

The excitment is building with the tickets having arrived and the ferry crossing booked.

I'll be on the Dover-Calais Hoverspeed at 10am on the 7th, camping in Beausejour (dark blue 9-5 and a light blue BMW M-Roadster) and back on the Hoverspeed at 12:30 on Monday lunchtime.

See you there?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I was planning to PM mobile numbers etc just before Le Mans so that we can organise a meet up.
I am going with 6 others, including the Optima owner Shouldnt be too many of those in the car parks...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts