Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

161 - 180 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Haven't posted on this forum for some time now, but today I had to:

2001 Saab 9-5 Aero Estate. Excellent car - bought it withg 81k on the clock in April 2010, did the sump drop at 84k and rear camber shims not so long after that and since then it's been great, ultra reliable, did 2 trips to Europe, over 3000 miles each and no issues (DI in the boot, just in case ). Oil changed avery 6 - 7k. Last two MOT's - no issues, no advisories.

Very happy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello everyone,

Thinking about it... We should commision a set of special "SAAB 100K+ Club" badges, like the ones on the main uk volvo forum website

volvoclub.JPG

If there isnt already some saab one's? lol

There should be a 100, 125, 150, 200, 250, 300 badge(s)

Having just bought my first Saab... a 2002 9-5 2.0 t Vector Estate its got 123,000 on the clock :D

·
Registered
435 Posts
Passed 220k today, but recently one of the aircon flaps has jammed in the hot position meaning that the passemger side and rear of the car get full hot air only. Have shut all the vents on those, and the drivers side climate control now sort of works, but interior gets very warm on a long journey, fix is expensive (more than my cars worth, according to my local indy)not sure how long I can put up with this....chances of getting to 250k now look very doubtful

Mr Perceptive
Are you sure the fix is expensive and not simply that the little 'A' shaped plastic piece that connects the rod to the stepper motor has broken? Common fault and easily fixed if you know what you are doing - get a second opinion.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just turned 225,000 miles on my 1998 2.3SE Convertible.

The hood has only failed on me twice - it's up and down a lot as I like to go al fresco as often as I can! I am the second owner and bought the car in 2000 with 35k miles on it, so I've averaged around 18k a year. It's on it's second engine and gearbox but still a reliable daily driver, everything still works so no complaints.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Just turned 225,000 miles on my 1998 2.3SE Convertible.

The hood has only failed on me twice - it's up and down a lot as I like to go al fresco as often as I can! I am the second owner and bought the car in 2000 with 35k miles on it, so I've averaged around 18k a year. It's on it's second engine and gearbox but still a reliable daily driver, everything still works so no complaints.
That's a solid mileage but it's not a 9-5!!

Just clocked 201,000 in my Aero - fab condition, pulls like a train, still on original turbo, box, engine and I even think clutch unless a receipt is missing!)

Great cars if looked ater.
p

·
Registered
11 Posts
00 95 se with 161k on original turbo, gearbox and clutch although iv had it since new . my old 900 turbo classic had 357k on original engine ,gearbox but clutch replaced twice and turbo replaced

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just ticked over 100,000 today on a Bristol-Egham-Bristol trip. 54 plate 9-5 Aero Estate which I bought six months ago when it had clocked 90,000. Two tyres, a set of drop links and an oil change the only expenditure, aside from regular tankfuls of Shell V-Power. Getting an average 28 to the gallon, which is very acceptable given the power on tap and the sheer quality of the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
After reading of the problems associated with cars on this site I have come to the conclusion that my car must have been built by another manufacturer, because although it has a Saab badge and has 9-5 2.2TiD on the tailgate, I have so far,missed all the fun of things going wrong!! 54 reg and at 155000 miles still on original everything except normal wear and tear items (tyres, oils etc), Saab serviced up to 147000 (last service). My wife is Russian and we travel back and fore to Moscow at least twice a year, a trip of 2098 miles door to door. Oh the car is a 9-5 2.2TiD auto estate.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know what you mean, mine, on a 53 reg has just passed 223,000 apart from a clutch last year and that was a fault and not general wear its been great. Pity they dont make them anymore.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm brand new here as well. I've had my 02 9-5 Aero well since 02 and as of now I am at 159,248. JUST replaced the clutch, had to replace the passenger front seat warmer (it wouldn't turn off ha and it was summer), replaced the battery and breaks once. That's about it though, I am shocked to be honest. My paint isn't too happy near the rear tire wells but hey, its 10 years old and I live in New England. Can't complain.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looks like I have a long way to go.

Brought my 2005 Saab 93 TID in January with 52k on it, 4months later just go over to 60k.

I brought it for doing miles so lets see how it goes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My '02 9-5 Arc SW 3.0 tdi just turned 160'000 km last sunday. it is not exactly 100'000 miles, but do you acccept it anyhow?

In any case i consider it quite a good result, considering the notoriuos engine.

Regards from Italy

Giacomo

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2000 Saab 9-5 SE has 189,000 miles with original Turbo. Hoping to get into the high 2's with this 3.0 V6. I love the way it drives and handles.

161 - 180 of 217 Posts