Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

181 - 200 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
I dont have anything that close at the moment, but my 900 ran on to 218,000 mles and was still running on orginal most things. The only thing that ever had in 3 years was a new MAF.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2001 95 Aero
Currently needs suspension replaced. Ordered and on the way (Koni FSD are about 6 weeks out though). Will replace bushings and a bunch of other stuff while the wheels are off. Exhaust rusted out, replaced with BSR Catback. Been blowing oil for years. Clean sump and engine. Just got P0420 code. Second time? Cant recall. Its not been a problem car. Its fun and even when my wife wanted a new car I wanted to keep this one. We will keep it. I'm at 151k. Love working on it. Probably will be able to keep up that hobby! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Only 151K.........

My 9-5 2000 SE has 175.5K on the clock and up untill Thursday had never put a foot wrong. Now she lies in the local garage devoid of life with a blown turbo and suspect head gasket! I was so hoping to go over 200K in her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good evening all. I am in the process of buying a 2005 9-5 Estate (Linear Sport 2.2TiD). I wanted to ask a question. It has has a full service history, but it currently has 165000 miles on the clock. I''ve got a test drive booked in for next weekend, as the dealer is servicing the car before selling it.

Is 165000 for a 2005 Saab an 'okay idea?'

Stuart Aspey.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got a 9-5 diesel automatic saloon - 56 plate - bought it from my friendly dealer in October 2012 - it had done 133k in it when I bought it from him. Am hoping for as many trouble free miles as possible. So far so good, it's been fab.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My aging 9-5 Aero crossing the Clifton Suspension Bridge on it's 150,000th birthday last month...

mm-htc-03480-150000-csb.jpg

(It's probably about 4 or 5k older but we don't talk about that summer when the speedo wasn't working!)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 54 plate 2.2 TiD 9-5 estate as just gone past 150,000. Sometimes seems fine, othertimes feels a bit fragile. Horrible around town but great on my 60 mile per day motorway commute.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 03 Aero wagon with 177k and just picked up a 04 Arc wagon with 367K. Both run great! The 04 needs a few motor mounts. (Why don't people replace those...? Got them ordered.) topiary paint strip 019.jpg spider, boat 009.jpg Silver is the 03, Red is 04. (Note the same front end... Not sure why..?)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, I've just purchased my first Saab. A 9-5 Aero Wagon with 153,000 on the clock. All seems ok apart from a non working passenger electric seat and non working headlight washers. Apart from those issues which I plan to fix soon after I collect it, it seems tight as a drum.
I'm a little worried about buying a car with 150k on it. I need it to last a while. We'll see. I'm going to oil change every 6 months etc to try and keep it tip top.
Wish me luck with it!!!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've got a while to go. Mine ticked onto 53K last week.... That is exactly 300K less than the BMW it replaced... << Quite a long read....

Kids love the Saab! Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down Roof up roof down

·
Registered
62 Posts
It's taken longer than I thought it would to get into the 100k club, but my '02 9-5 Aero est passed the milestone earlier this year on its way back from Bristol, after a weekend away.

In typical Saab fashion, it passed 100k with 3 bikes on the roof, 4 suitcases, a travel cot and a scooter in the boot and my 3 year old dozing peacefully in the back seat.

The only significant replacements in that time have been a battery & an alternator and a few sets of tyres & brakes. Original engine, turbo, auto box, suspension and exhaust.

In all honesty, I can't imagine it will see 200k, but you never know.

181 - 200 of 217 Posts