Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
I've got one on order for the rear of my 99T.

Total cost to me of £114 inc £31 shipping ( I got it shipped by sea because it will give me more time to think of excuse by the time it arrives - I think they quoted me about £48 for air freight)

I thought it pretty good value for money given that it includes poly bushes even after allowing for VAT /duty.

A link to the web site Sasab

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I was just thinking it would be fun to just fit the thicker rear bar and get a more responsive set-up. Then I checked the site and it has 'not recommended' plastered on the single 1" rear bar. I'd be interested to see what it drives like with a thicker rear though + it would be a lot easier than trying to thread that front one in too...

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They're still selling it though, and oversteer is SO much more fun than understeer[/b]
however oversteer in a fwd is not much fun as you cannot balance it with the throttle like you can with a rwd car....

however thinking about it I would want a balanced response so only the full kit for me methinks

I could sell off all the redundant poly bushes and put the thicker ar bar on the carly
now you have me thinking ......

what I was going to do was have them delivered to one of our plants in the us and pick them up on my next trip.... bring them back as hand luggage

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Originally posted by timd:
[qb] QUOTE
however oversteer in a fwd is not much fun as you cannot balance it with the throttle like you can with a rwd car....  [/b]
Very true, I spun my old Golf through lift off oversteer not good. [/qb][/b][/quote]I oversteered my 9000 at Goodwood ... the rest is well documented on these boards (circa October '02). So I would certainly concur that a little understeer is preferable to sudden "snap" oversteer in a big FWD car!

If only 9000s were RWD!  

:cool[/b]
Or better still ... AWD.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque-Steer):
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by timd:
[qb]  
however oversteer in a fwd is not much fun as you cannot balance it with the throttle like you can with a rwd car....  [/b]
Very true, I spun my old Golf through lift off oversteer not good. [/qb][/b]
I oversteered my 9000 at Goodwood ... the rest is well documented on these boards (circa October '02). So I would certainly concur that a little understeer is preferable to sudden "snap" oversteer in a big FWD car!
[/qb][/b][/quote]But it's oh so nice to have it on that fine tail weaving edge on the brakes, choosing the correct direction of 'weave' to turn in on and to get a nice long fast slightly tail out corner under full power.

Andrew

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've just mailed him, just before you posted this

Its kinda lost its impulse buy attraction now the price has doubled

Gonna have to think on this one a while, tho the fact that Elkparts deliver straight to WMSS means no justification required to SWMBO

·
Registered
183 Posts
You know also that Abbott are about to sell a rear anri-roll bar, a piggy back to the original, so could be equivalent to the SAS one. Don't cost or anything yet... Was contemplating piggy backing a 18mm one, but think it's too much stiffness then....

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A piggy back is a less elegant solution tho a lot easier to impliment
thought of a diy with suitable clamps and a suitable bit of steel..
it would also be adjustable depending where the clamps are would determine how much twist is transferred..
but a lot of expt/hassle
and the sas one is pretty cheep...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Have just ordered the complete kit from SAS.

Will probbly be a while before I can get it fitted though - dunno how long it will take to come from the states but will keep everyone posted once it arrives.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts