Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Looking for your advice, as the most familiar expers on our favourite brand - SAAB.
So, shortly
My car - 9-3 , 1.9 TID, Z19DT engine, 88 kw, 2009 - Euro 4, own from more than a 7 years.
The problem case: DPF is in non-stopable, regular regenraion, of course with a lot of white smoke on the exaust, losing a power etc.
The story: Before a 2 years i blocked my engine - my mistake, did not care of the blocked original DPF and the result was oil back to turbo - than 6 rpm - than ...bloxked the engine.I made all repairs of the engine (nozzles Borsh repairs,valves,head, everything - just total repair) with new parts and of course - new DPF. After a 2000 km the problems with the new DPF started, meaning when i go in city trafick or just stop on the street for a second, the blue smoke from the DPF starts again. I have made 2 times regenration of DPF via Saab Tech2 diagnostic - the Tech2 shows that the DPF is already ready (70-39%) and when i start driving,after a 100 km the smoke and DPF simtpmoms starts again.
I both another one - new DPF, that time more expensive, and unfortunatelly the problems are the same - smore, DPF full., even with the new one DPF. We check the new DPF and the soot dust and on the DPF - just for a couples of kilometres.
Just to orient you what i did, in order to handle the problem - with no result:
- New engine parts
- EGR cleaning (2 times)
- MAF clening
- DPF sensors check, replaced on of it
- Check the exaust system pipes
- New turbo
- tech2 real time parametres check - all looks great
In additional i would like to say that except the DPF smoking non-stopable regenartion, the other simptoms are:
fuel filter goes very dirty and make it difficult the fuel movement ( i catch that after loading a fuel, and my dashboard fuel level instrument dont move on immediatelly) only after a 1000 km; A lot, a lot of soot - black dust on the egr (after cleaning) and on the catalist.Byt the way the catalist is also cleaned before 2000 km.
So...any advice?

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi Kolev,
It sounds like you have tried a lot of fixes for your problem.
One thing that it may be is a leak on the inlet side of the system, between the turbo and manifold, or related areas. I have a TTID and had this issue which resulted in DPF problem, diesel in the oil and limited performance messages. The issue was a split hose in the inlet - the split was hard to see as it only has high pressure when engine is working, and especially when accelerating.
A symptom for this problem is that the turbo pressure never gets up to the normal reading on the meter as the pressure is leaking. This gives too rich fuel mixture which causes black soot from the motor (which you wont see much of in the exhaust gas if the DPF is working normally), and also diesel dilution of the motor oil. This problem gave no fault code until the DPF got blocked.
Hope this helps.

· Registered
9 Posts
Hi Kolev,
The hose split on mine was the large one on the right of the motor looking from the front of the vehicle, it goes beside the battery. I think it is between the turbo and EGR. But I have a TTiD so is not the same as yours. I suggest you check all of the inlet pressure hoses as shown in this page :
SAAB 9-3 1.9 TID (04-10) PRESSURE HOSES
These are under pressure from the turbo and can cause issues if there are leaks.
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.