Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1.9 150HP in front of battery fuse box missing - A/C issue

9K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Yaaman 
#1 ·
Hi

I have a problem with A/C. I'd like to start troubleshooting with checking fuses and relays. In EPC and on other websites I found that A/C fuse and relays sits in the fuse box in front of battery. On my car this space is empty. Any idea where is this located on car? I am driving 54 plate 1.9 150HP.

Kind regards
Lukasz

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Hi

Thanks for answers guys. So I have old version old software. Good to know. Thanks! Thank you for screenshot. Will start looking tomorrow.

Lizard - it was serviced two months ago and was working perfect ever since I bought my car in 2010. Just stopped working on the way back home two days ago.

#10 · (Edited)
I don't think you put what model year the 9-3 is .
Is it pre or post facelift dashboard?
And when you say the Aircon stopped working , was it just that it was not blowing cold or was it that the whole unit stopped working ( Ie no fan no nuffing ? ) blankedy blank display
Also dependant on what dashboard/ trim
Is it AAC or manual air con ?

#12 ·
It is 54 plate as I stated in my first post so end of 2004 model - pre face-lift. Cabin fan is working fan. It did not blow cold air. But it is now. On another forum I was informed that in front of battery fuse box is only present on petrol models. I have correct fuse box diagram so I can check relay if this should reappear. Also I was told that there is a vulnerable wire routed through the top of the gearbox that is prone to abrasion due to engine shake. Apparently common fault too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.