1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Glad to find this group!
I want white lettered tires for my 9-5 but can only find them in a 15”
Soooooo. Long story short, I can’t find original Saab 15” in decent shape and plan on going with a steel 15” 6.5” 40 offset w/ BF Goodrich Radial T/A 225/60R15 tires.
If my sizing and offset calculations are correct, they should just barely stuff in under the rear fender wells.
BUT leafing through the owner’s manual says NO to the 15” wheel because of caliper clearance issues. Is this true? I thought the larger caliper was Arc & Areo??
Everything I’ve looked at has led me to believe the 15” will fit …..except the manual.
uhg. I hope they fit. I bought the rubber but not yet purchased the rims, I’ve been searching for Saab wheels. All a futile effort if it’s not going to work.
Am I now the proud owner of nice tires I can’t use??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello,
Glad to find this group!
I want white lettered tires for my 9-5 but can only find them in a 15”
Soooooo. Long story short, I can’t find original Saab 15” in decent shape and plan on going with a steel 15” 6.5” 40 offset w/ BF Goodrich Radial T/A 225/60R15 tires.
If my sizing and offset calculations are correct, they should just barely stuff in under the rear fender wells.
BUT leafing through the owner’s manual says NO to the 15” wheel because of caliper clearance issues. Is this true? I thought the larger caliper was Arc & Areo??
Everything I’ve looked at has led me to believe the 15” will fit …..except the manual.
uhg. I hope they fit. I bought the rubber but not yet purchased the rims, I’ve been searching for Saab wheels. All a futile effort if it’s not going to work.
Am I now the proud owner of nice tires I can’t use??
Update: Rims and tires fit. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts