Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

saab scene 9000's last track day!

Tags
day scene track
7K views 48 replies 18 participants last post by  billj 
#1 ·
http://www.microcat.org.uk/
Pictures taken at the last track day, Billj and Scaero finding at last a new way to save tyres, go on two wheels!!!!

#4 ·
Great! That's "Saab Suite" isn't it? The best download I've ever done, 32 Mb but it was definately worth it, even with a 56k modem.
Just a question about the "two wheels mode": shouldn't the differential not allow the car to move if one wheel is lifted from the ground? The lifetd wheel should spin freely and the other wheel shouldn't move, and so the car. I don't think LSD was already avaiable in those years... Any thoughts?

#13 ·
they have maybe welded the diff up as this is what we used to do to our stock racing cars[/b]
Excuse me Microcat36, what you mean by welded? is that what I think? Seems like a bit rough action... Did you ment just locked in I don't know what way?
This would avoid the two front wheels to turn at different speeds, so the car would have terrible problems in cornering.
This would explain such an intense use of the handbrake , but not the slalom performances .
What kind of racing did you do with your cars? Only drag racing, I suppose.

#14 ·
Why do i see Ferrari's being mentioned a lot everytime you guys do a track day?

Is this coincidence or do the owners clubs share dates or something?

And can we please have some video of Saab's whippin' that overpriced Italian tat.

Stefano[/b]
The diff would be welded just for those film shots, the car would be useless on the road, just one of the tricks of the film industry.

Skiddins

#15 ·
Originally posted by Skiddins:
[qb]Why do i see Ferrari's being mentioned a lot everytime you guys do a track day?

Is this coincidence or do the owners clubs share dates or something?[/qb][/b]
It may be largely to do with the fact that at a number of the track days I've been to, the same couple have turned up with a 348 and a 355 between them. I do have video footage that I took while passing the 348, but I suspect it doesn't show very much because the camera was badly positioned. I'll have a look and see whether it's worth publishing. I've never actually been on the track at the same time as the 355, or if I have, we've never actually come close to each other.

#16 ·
#18 ·
Originally posted by mpen:
[qb]Bill
I would like to see those, but the downloads are  not working, what am I doing wrong? [/qb][/b]
Don't know. They work for me. Are they not downloading or are they downloading but you can't play them? I'll try from work in a few minutes and see if I have problems there.

#20 ·
I've just downloaded them both from work (which uses a different internet provider from the one I use at home) and they work fine. They downloaded at around 230K/sec as well - a perk of working for a large networking manufacturer

OK - tried another tack and used Internet Explorer instead of Mozilla and they still downloaded. Left-click on it and IE launches it in Windows Media Player, or right-click and "Save Target As..." to save it to disk for repeat viewing. Again, I didn't encounter any problems.

Do you get an error message?

#23 ·
No problems for me too with the small download. You drive very well, Bill. Very clear run. And there are some shots in wich I can see the speedo going up at a rate that I could never imagine! Next time you film your track time, please remove that rear wiew mirror, it's in the camera wiew...
Anyway, that Ferrari seemed on its firts time on a track, no doubt you car is helly fast but I don't think that Ferrari was pushing hard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.