Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Is that really a 9-2?

25K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  SpottedDog 
#1 ·
I was just doing a search on Autotrader to see if there were any 99s available, (so searched on model 99 and nationally, as opposed to near my postcode) and this came up at North City Saab...

2005 Saab 99 2.0 GLEi

Now, that looks like a 54 reg 9-2 to me (and at £24,995 it's certainly not the sort of 99 I was looking for!)

Presumably it's an import (it's LHD), but available to anyone who's interested!

I didn't know there were any in the UK.

#10 ·
Originally posted by StephenA:
[qb]So how did $22,000 become £25,000? - someone is making a tidy profit somewhere [/qb][/b]
I guess it's a combination of import duty, shipping costs, VAT on the shipping, VAT on the car, registration fees, insurance, insurance premium tax, and yes, profit - mostly for HM Govt I expect

I've also defended this car (without yet seeing one) and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed - seems a bit sit up & beg to me, the wheels don't fill the arches like on a scoobie. [expletive deleted] colour though. Interior too plastic? Maybe, but so's a 9-3ss...

#11 ·
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque Steer):
[qb]Yes, it's much worse than the press pics of the car suggested. After sort-of defending this car, based on the quality of its underpinnings, I'll have to eat my words. It's shockingly cheap'n'nasty looking ... even basement spec 2.0i Impreza's are better looking than that thing! [/qb][/b]
I'd go and see the car in the flesh myself... I guess the picture was taken by someone who wasn't particularly gifted photography wise - it's a wide angle shot so perspective is all out. I presume that if you looked at the car through normal vision it would look better....

#14 ·
Saw an Aero version on-the-road in Texas recently. In a better colour with the more agressive Aero wheels... it looked quite good!

Certainly could shift and made a lovely noise. Even as the ******* son of a Subaru, it has more character than anything that's come out of Saab Europe recently.

#18 ·
I test drove a new black Aero, and it really isn't a bad car. Not as much luxury as in my 9-5, but love the way this thing blasts off. Another plus is the huge amount of aftermarket parts that are out there for this vechile since it is the son of a very respected WRX. Won't take much to get well over 300 HP in this baby!!

#21 ·
Never knew that they owned it... guess they were buying everything they could to get their vehicles back to "world class" (bit I picked upo from an add... "30 years ago, we had the highest quality, 20 years ago the lowest, we are back to the highest quality cars made" circa 2003)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.