Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Re: Forum Introduction - Please Read this

8K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  bish 
#1 ·
Re: Forum Introduction - Please Read this

isnt this just an impretza in a smart new suit? I hear the dash is a straight lift and distinctly unsaab like

#2 ·
A shiny new forum with a shiny new purpose. I even emphasised the word constructive.

Let me make this a little clearer. This forum is for constructive discussion and technical help and advice on the forthcoming Saab 9-2X which is being launched on the US market, later in 2004.

The purpose of all the workshop boards on Saabscene is to build up a searchable resource of peoples experiences, and to share technical questions and answers so that we may increase our collective knowledge of Saab models.

#3 ·
That's fine.

I have no information about this car. What is it likely to be competing against?

I have a 5 year old 9-5 estate (from new) that is a delightful example of over engineered, well thought out drive.

If there is going to be the equivalent build and performance suitable for a second car, I say 'here's my cheque'.

#6 ·
I'm sure Subaru Australia are concerned as the reviews I've seen especially in this months Evo magazine which reckons it's a better car than the WRX.
I sent an e-mail to Johnathan Nash at Saab GB on this very item to ask if the UK would or would not get the car.....it appears NOT.
We are scheduled to get the next generation version, whenever that is!
This is all very bizarre given the Scooby starts life as a RHD car for it's home market.....which I suppose is where the Aussies are looking at it from.
According to what the Saab USA web site has to say, the car has been given more than a new nose and some badges! Ah well......

#9 ·
i have only seen one article in auto weekly which made it out as a subaru with a saab nose for 3 grand more than the impreza. i dont think this will be the case. Vauxhall produce a vectra; saab a 93! toally different cars and i think the 92 will be very much different to an impreza. golf, passat, octavia, seat, audi a4 or based on same platform but is there criticism of this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.