Saabs on TV - Page 4

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Saabs on TV

Motor Mouth

Re: Saabs on TV

Saw the one in Spooks and last night the front of a GM 900 but can't remember what programme - Holby I think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saabisti

Its a habit with me too to look out for Saabs on the tele/movies.

Latest ones seen:

The convertible in 'Swordfish' which our hero uses to meet his little daughter is a black 9-3 convertible.

'Sudden Impact' on tele a few days back. The scene where everyone leaves city because of fear of a meteor (or whatever they call it) and the teenage romeo is searching for his girlfriend's car... I think I saw a white 9K.

esure insurance company ad. The first car old man uses to hit another car is a black 9-3. I was telling the wife that for that sort of a hit, you don't need the insurance paying for the Saab. The car which got hit needed to be paid!

Posted by reel:
    esure insurance company ad. The first car old man uses to hit another car is a black 9-3.[/b]
    That old man is a one time famous film producer called Michael Winner. He used to direct films such as the Death Wish series, starring a one time famous actor called Charles Bronson (who was married to Jill Ireland, who was once the wife of David MacCallum, who played Illya Kuryakin in THe Man from UNCLE, etc. etc.) .

Oh by the way, Michael Winner is now reputed to be a food critic ...

Enough trivia for today I am showing my age...

Saabisti

Not sure about this... Watched Terminator 3 yesterday and in the scene where the trio (Arnie, John Connor and Katherine Brewster) escape with a funeral car, the first car that they smash was a red coloured car and it seemed asthough it was the front of an oldish Saab (not sure what model) but am pretty sure it looked Saab-ish!

Anyone seen that? Am I right or am I just too obsessed with Saabs that I find every other thing around me is a Saab (so the wife says )?

Neel.

Saab Junior

Seinfeld has many Saab stories...BBO takes place in Jerry's saab, Doing "the move" revolves around jerry and his Saab mechanic, and the best one is Jerry buying a new saab from "Putty"..he wants the black one, but because elain and putty broke up the only one left was an ugly yellow one...and he was going to charge him up the ass for "extra's"...the best part is watching Kramer driging it on "E"

Does anyone remeber the film 'Moving' with Richard Pryor. There's a C900 in it that gets "modified" good style!

I bought it on tape recently and forgot there was a Saab in it. It's so funny! LMAO

Saab Anorak

Hi all,
    just watched Holbay City, did any one spot the C900 5 door combi-coupe dark grey/black
    in the football car park.... it was in 2 scenes
    I know its very sad spotting saabs on tv!!!!
    anyway cheers Paul...

Motor Mouth

Sinking to the depths.... CSI on Channel 5 last night. Right at the end someone turns up to collect some from from jail in a black 9000 (post 1992).

Steve

Saab Afficionado Zaphod Beeblebrox's Avatar

Just recalled that a younger Patrick Stewart drove a 4 door 900 Turbo in BBCtv's 1980's series 'Maybury'.

This was a kind of precursor to Casualty. Maybury was a Clinical Psychologist in a hospital.

Ahead of its time, it has never been repeated. It was great stuff.

Motor Mouth

Jane K,

'Calm down dear, it's a commercial......I really haven't got any insurance '

Saab Nut

Another sighting.

Current Kia advert where they say you can get a Kia for "£1".
    the kid dragging the Kia through the car park in a box like a Matchbox car, and the camera is in a parking space between 2 cars.

The one on the right is a black 900 T16S, spotted the Aero kit, and 3 spokes.

Full throttle

There's a old maroon one in an ad about the over 50's getting a job after redundancy. Old car, old driver

I noticed the ad because it features a not very convincing set of road works

Saab Nut

Yeah, the "Newdeal" rubbish, that is available at "Jobcentre+" places arround the country.

Strange thing is last time I was in a Jobcentre, the only jobs it seemed to provide was for it's own staff, and the only + you got was sarcasm at the suggestion that you might want to put your qualifications to any better use than a roadsweeper, or warehouse cleaner.

Saab Afficionado Zaphod Beeblebrox's Avatar

Just seen a promo for BBCtv's 'Grumpy Old Men', showing this week. A shot shows the dashboard of a GM900 complete with SID, showing 29C and TRAFF INFO.
    (Sad, but someone had to mention it )

Saab Anorak

Saw a C900 briefly in the background during Me, Myself and Irene last night.

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast