Saabs on TV - Page 18

1. Welcome to Saabscene – General discussion forum for Saab

Welcome to Saabscene - a website dedicated to all things Saab.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Saabscene today!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Saabs on TV

In BBC drama "All the small things" (Tuesday evenings, BBC1), two of the lead characters can frequently be seen in a new model 9-3 convertible.

2. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Saab Afficionado
    Not on TV (for a few years yet anyway), but I've just been to see "Terminator Salvation". Fairly early on the main characters meet a group of people and they get disturbed by some of Skynet's machines. A few of them drive off in a classic 900 (2- or 4-door - happened to quickly to see) which unfortunately 'gets it' a few seconds later. Not much left of it after that.

Yeah, the latest Terminator travesty with Christian Bale - an early 900 - 4 or 5 door, I thought? Gets zapped by a giant robot and flies about 80 feet up in the air on fire. The way it was slammed in reverse- it seemed to have a good 'box, too! Still, it'll be fine with a bit of t-cut and some WD40.

I presume someone's already mentioned Maximus Decimus Meridius proving he was 'an individual' (just like us all!.....) by having a C900 in the remake of State of Play...

Wallander? In the Swedish version - great series. (The whole series is on BBC4 for us Brits) yeah, he drives a 95 and I'm sure uniform rozzers also have 'em..

There really is something about SAABs (C900s especially), appearing on film. Thesps really do seem to have a thing about 'em. I guess they got personality and as we all know - personality goes a long way...

I think early on someone mentioned the Paradise Club - if I remember aright Paradise Club Saabs are named in homage...

ah, to idle...

In one of the Rebus books, his Saab's windscreen wipers pack in. It starts to rain and he puts his foot down on the motorway to clear the water off the windscreen. I don't think they showed this in any of the TV versions though. Probably too dangerous [/b]

Had to trawl back to see if this had been mentioned. I'm watching the DVD box set of Rebus, the early ones with John Hannah. He drives what I think is a 90, judging by the shape, I'm trying to see the bootlid badge.
    Then tonight on one of the ITV channels, a recent Rebus (2007) with Ken Stott, he's driving a GM900, "S" on the wing above the indicator repeater, so that's a non-turbo 2 litre., I think.

Postscript to the above - John Hannah drives a "classic" 2 door 900. Easier to see the badge on a 32 inch screen than on a 15 inch laptop.

On Waterloo Road a few weeks ago, Jason Done in a Red 9-3 SE

Saab Junior
    2 x Edna 9-5s spotted on the approach to the pits at the Malaysian GP. Seemed to be some sort of "official" circuit vehicles.

steve

Gavin & Stacey,
    Gavin's dad drives a 95..

SAAB 9-3 i facelift cabriolet in TV series Burn Notice.I think the girl character drives it all the time.

Saab Afficionado
    Saab are back advertising on UK TV.

While helping my dad set up a freeview box I stumbled across Yesterday (freeview channel 12) just as they showed the new advertisement for the 9-5.

You can see the ad at www.saab.co.uk too.

Did they give him that one to make up for the fact they destroyed his C900 in Cold Feet?

Saab Junior
    Amanda Redman drives a new 9-3 Convertible in New Tricks. Seems to be a new one every series.

steve

did anyone see the Australian 9-3 floating down the street on CNN Int?

http://unitwan.co.nr/9311.htm

Seinfeld has many Saab stories...BBO takes place in Jerry's saab, Doing "the move" revolves around jerry and his Saab mechanic, and the best one is Jerry buying a new saab from "Putty"..he wants the black one, but because elain and putty broke up the only one left was an ugly yellow one...and he was going to charge him up the ass for "extra's"...the best part is watching Kramer driging it on "E"[/b]

Being a bit of a Seinfeld lover, and knowing about his run of convertibles, I amazed myself by buying my car and not remembering til afterwards that I had bought a similar model in the same black. His is a 900 i think? But I got an 02 9-3. Series ended late 90s or he might have moved on to a newer model. The Putty episode is particularly good ['You're the greasemonkey...'']

You are right that there are great saab moments in loads of episodes and I keep having a laugh when they turn up [I, er, watch it regularly...].

Not into naming cars at all but one or two friends call mine 'Jerry'.

Saab Fan

Re: Saabs on TV

Saw a rerun of "The Sweeney" on (I think) itv 4 yesterday. 2-stroke 96 following Regan's Ford Grandma through the gritty streets of 1970s Laahndon.

17. Remove Advertisements
    SaabScene.com
    Advertisements

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast